Expense Accounting In Blesta?

Alex

I did ask for a feature to be implemented that allowed you to add outgoings (eg server costs and license costs) to give a proper overall income/outgoings graph. 

I apologize if this request is redundant, though I am curious to hear the general positon from Paul as to whether it is a goal of Blesta to handle full accounting or just billing. I think expenses represent the logical next step in handling accounting but alone it doesn't imply an intention to completely handle accounting. My real question is will Blesta work towards becoming a replacement for my QuickBooks or are they sticking to being the intermediate billing software?

We have no plans for Blesta to become a full fledged accounting system. Quickbooks can be used in conjunction with Blesta to handle the accounting, we use it internally ourselves. The shorter term question would be about getting some type of integration between the two.

You should write an accounting plugin. :)

We have no plans for Blesta to become a full fledged accounting system. Quickbooks can be used in conjunction with Blesta to handle the accounting, we use it internally ourselves.

Fair enough.

The shorter term question would be about getting some type of integration between the two.

You should write an accounting plugin. :)

Don't get me started! I'd be more likely to extend Blesta into an accounting system than integrate it with QuickBooks. ;)