Using Blesta For Things Other Than Domain/ssl Etc

HarrisonLILY

Has anyone used or indeed using Blesta for billing other products services apart from domain/hosting/ssl etc?

I'm very interested in having one billing platform for everything.

Apologies if this has already been covered had a look and couldn't find anything

You can use it for anything almost.  It's very modular so you can very easily strip it down to just client management.  It has modules which can easily be added and removed from the admin panel.  You can have modules developed for you or use modules from 3rd parties or the ones included with Blesta.  However, most of these modules available now are hosting related at the moment.

It's very extensible.

I'm surprised no one had mentioned the Universal Module yet. After you figure out how it works, its very powerful.

Personally about to launch a companion brand to my web development business that is mostly hosting related:

- Domain Names - LogicBoxes Module

- Virtual Servers - SolusVM Module

- Dedicated Servers - Universal Module

I've also set up a bunch of addon services utilizing the Universal Module, such as Server Management, additional IP addresses, Commercial Hosting Control Panels (cPanel, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone used or indeed using Blesta for billing other products services apart from domain/hosting/ssl etc?

I'm very interested in having one billing platform for everything.

Not yet, because we are still waiting for Blesta to mature into a stable product with the features we need.  (eNom module, migration path from AWBS.com, license management module, and a few critical features still missing.)

Once Blesta if fully mature and has the features we need, then we'll probably move all our brands and company's into it.  This includes:

• four hosting websites (two low-cost brands and two high-cost brands)
  • a domain-registration-only website, an ssl-sales-only website
  • three different PHP software applications (which will use the license management module)
  • a web design website (so invoice-only).
  • a VoIP sales/billing website

We're currently using a combination of AWBS.com, phpaudit.com, whmcs.com, and excel.  Needless to say, we are very much looking forward to when we can eventually switch everything into a single installation of Blesta and (hopefully) use multi-company support to manage all the different websites from a single back-end location.

:)