Unable to record payment

Timothin

Question

I have an invoice of $80 that needs to be paid. Client paid $45 through offline. I want to record payment of $45 but when I try to, i get the following error: 

One or more Amount to Pay values could not be applied to the specified invoice. Ensure that the Amount to Pay does not exceed the Amount Due on the invoice, that the invoice is open, and the sum of the Amount to Pay values do not exceed the Payment or Credit Amount.

Any one able to offer an idea to fix this? Thanks

6 answers to this question

@Paul, I think he wants to apply the $45 paid offline toward the $80 owed so that $45 would be paid but $35 is still owed.

It sounds to me like you are attempting to record the $45 payment but you are trying to APPLY $80 of it to the invoice, hence the error. If I'm correct, you should make sure you are only applying a maximum of $45 to the invoice from the $45 payment. Make sure both Payment Amount and Amount to Pay are set to 45 for the invoice.

record_payment.png?version=1&modificatio

3 hours ago, Tyson said:

@Paul, I think he wants to apply the $45 paid offline toward the $80 owed so that $45 would be paid but $35 is still owed.

It sounds to me like you are attempting to record the $45 payment but you are trying to APPLY $80 of it to the invoice, hence the error. If I'm correct, you should make sure you are only applying a maximum of $45 to the invoice from the $45 payment. Make sure both Payment Amount and Amount to Pay are set to 45 for the invoice.

record_payment.png?version=1&modificatio

So as stated before, it added the credit even though it displayed the error when I first tried to add credit to clients account then credit it on the invoice. After reading your message though, you are correct, that there was only one partial payment. I did not notice the "Amount to pay". This seems a bit confusing and maybe a bit redundant with there already being a slot for payment amount atop, which is probably why I overlooked it. This would probably fix my issue though. Thanks for explaining it! Things like this are always a pain when its a little thing..hehe.

Thanks again!