Ghost Ticket...spooooky

Michael

Question

Ok at 6am today I had a email about a ticket number #64. I couldn't find it on the system, however the system reconizes the ticket as it shows Open (1).

However nothing is displayed, even though I have all the departments..

It's spooky as hell.

Here's a video: http://screencast.com/t/q2DlQFsB

PS: the email is a old auto-closed message from our old billing system, but the cron is removed from that system and also I would of had more than one.

17 answers to this question

That is odd, I wonder why it doesn't appear. Are you certain that the staff member you show with all departments assigned is your staff member? In another case, someone migrated to Blesta and they had 2 staff members with the same name. It appeared they had full access, but it was the wrong staff member and once we added the other staff member in it worked fine.

I wonder if it's possible that that ticket is some how not assigned to a department.

That is odd, I wonder why it doesn't appear. Are you certain that the staff member you show with all departments assigned is your staff member? In another case, someone migrated to Blesta and they had 2 staff members with the same name. It appeared they had full access, but it was the wrong staff member and once we added the other staff member in it worked fine.

I wonder if it's possible that that ticket is some how not assigned to a department.

Yeah mate, I've got access to every department I have, and I think it came by email because it's one of my old responders. But Blesta emailed me about the ticket, is there a way I can remove the ticket from the system mate via phpmyadmin mate?

Strange that the ticket number is only 2 digits instead of 7.. Are you piping in tickets from that support department email address with email in it from the old system? Did someone accidentally login to that email account and mark an email unread?

What department is it assigned to? You can run this query to find out where it's assigned:

SELECT `support_tickets`.`department_id`, `support_departments`.`name` FROM `support_tickets` LEFT JOIN `support_departments` ON `support_departments`.`id` = `support_tickets`.`department_id` WHERE `support_tickets`.`code` =64;

Strange that the ticket number is only 2 digits instead of 7.. Are you piping in tickets from that support department email address with email in it from the old system? Did someone accidentally login to that email account and mark an email unread?

What department is it assigned to? You can run this query to find out where it's assigned:

SELECT `support_tickets`.`department_id`, `support_departments`.`name` FROM `support_tickets` LEFT JOIN `support_departments` ON `support_departments`.`id` = `support_tickets`.`department_id` WHERE `support_tickets`.`code` =64;

It went to:

department_id             name

16                                Support

Which is what ID my department called Support is. So weird lol.

post-38-0-62412600-1380060800_thumb.png

post-38-0-54918600-1380060802_thumb.png

Do any ticket reply details exist? You can run this to check

SELECT `support_replies`.*, `support_tickets`.`department_id`, `support_departments`.`name` FROM `support_tickets` LEFT JOIN `support_replies` ON `support_replies`.`ticket_id` = `support_tickets`.`id` LEFT JOIN `support_departments` ON `support_departments`.`id` = `support_tickets`.`department_id` WHERE `support_tickets`.`code` =64;

Do any ticket reply details exist? You can run this to check

SELECT `support_replies`.*, `support_tickets`.`department_id`, `support_departments`.`name` FROM `support_tickets` LEFT JOIN `support_replies` ON `support_replies`.`ticket_id` = `support_tickets`.`id` LEFT JOIN `support_departments` ON `support_departments`.`id` = `support_tickets`.`department_id` WHERE `support_tickets`.`code` =64;

I got this mate, the email was the bottom one.

post-38-0-42394500-1380066503_thumb.png

Interesting. Have you tried the support manager fix Cody included here? It's for a separate issue, but the query that fetches tickets has been updated. Curious if it has any affect on your ability to see that ticket.

I've just replaced the file, F5'ed the tickets and nothing changed mate, how can I remove it mate as I think it's just glitched haha.

Unlikely it's a glitch, as I believe others have had a similar issue.

But nonetheless, you can backup your database and the run this query to physically remove the ticket and all of its responses from the database:

DELETE `support_tickets`.*, `support_replies`.* FROM `support_tickets` INNER JOIN `support_replies` ON `support_replies`.`ticket_id`=`support_tickets`.`id` WHERE `support_tickets`.`code`='64';

Unlikely it's a glitch, as I believe others have had a similar issue.

But nonetheless, you can backup your database and the run this query to physically remove the ticket and all of its responses from the database:

DELETE `support_tickets`.*, `support_replies`.* FROM `support_tickets` INNER JOIN `support_replies` ON `support_replies`.`ticket_id`=`support_tickets`.`id` WHERE `support_tickets`.`code`='64';

Thank you mate, just need the cron to run now to remove the active (1) now :) it's the first time this has happened so probably not part of the bug ;)

That's a different ticket. Are you having the same problem with that one too?

Nope that was a weird junk ticket. I deleted the one you helped me with, and it still showed the Active (1) after the crons had ran, so I thought I'd look for a open ticket.

That's when I came across that, I closed it, looked my my ticket dashboard and it showed Active (0). Weird haha.

You mean "Open (1)"? Sounds like the ticket you deleted was actually not the problem.

You could run the SELECT queries I mentioned above, just replace "64" with "8999534". I'm curious to know what may have caused the ticket to be shown as open, but not listed.

I think two emails might not piped probably before we fixed it, so when they piped over they broke. I could be wrong mate, but yeah it said Open (1) with no tickets on display, until I removed the one you helped me and closed the one I found opened. But nothing else has happened before or after haha.

post-38-0-31263300-1380142464_thumb.png

Your screenshot illustrates why it said "Open (1)" but did not list any tickets: you have a ticket, but no ticket reply, hence all the null values. Every ticket should have at least one reply. It may not have been added due to the piping issue you had previously, but let us know if it happens again during normal operation.

Your screenshot illustrates why it said "Open (1)" but did not list any tickets: you have a ticket, but no ticket reply, hence all the null values. Every ticket should have at least one reply. It may not have been added due to the piping issue you had previously, but let us know if it happens again during normal operation.

Will do mate, I did get another one today but it's a old reply haha, it's weird but easy to fix