Old Database Restore

medfordite

Question

I might have made a serious mistake here so I am needing some information.

I cannot see any invoices prior to August 1, 2013 which I know I have several paid invoices before then, but of course no record in Blesta to show otherwise. When I did the upgrade to 3.0, I believe that I installed in a new directory, created the database, and let it migrate into the new install, moved the fresh install back into my billing directory (v. 3.0.0), and called it good as things were running fine.

I have my old Database still on the system, but last week while cleaning things up, I dropped the tables in the old database so I have two questions now:

• Would Blesta still be pulling from the old database if it did a migration?
  • Would I be able to restore Blesta 2.5.x into an old "localhost" type of server, pull the billing records and then destroy that install w/o having a license?

I keep daily backups of my server off site for safety and can restore almost any backup to restore the old version so the second option would be possible if I can do this, but if the first option is possible, I know that I can pull the table from my old backup and reinsert it into the SQL.

4 answers to this question

I have my old Database still on the system, but last week while cleaning things up, I dropped the tables in the old database so I have two questions now:

• Would Blesta still be pulling from the old database if it did a migration?

No, Blesta will only pull from the database referenced in the config file in config/blesta.php

• Would I be able to restore Blesta 2.5.x into an old "localhost" type of server, pull the billing records and then destroy that install w/o having a license?

You will need a v2.5 license. If you purchased before Aug 14th and bought an owned license you should have a v2.5 license also. Open a ticket with us with the new domain so we can re-issue it to that. If it will be installed at the same domain/subdomain as before, regardless of sub-directory it will work.

I keep daily backups of my server off site for safety and can restore almost any backup to restore the old version so the second option would be possible if I can do this, but if the first option is possible, I know that I can pull the table from my old backup and reinsert it into the SQL.

If you have a backup and might need to restore it, I would copy it down just in case.

Did you verify your data was imported properly initially? Were there invoices prior to Aug 1st?

I got my 2.5 key from Licensepal, so not really going to work since it would be expired by now.

I had invoices prior to August 1st for sure.  I will take a peek into the databases and see what I can find to import or whatnot. 

If you need a 2.5 license for a couple weeks let me know (email support@.), I can issue one for you on a temporary basis. I'll need to know the full hostname you'll be using it at.