Installing Blesta 3 In The Same Location As An Old Blesta2.5

outsider

Question

Currently running Blesta 2.5.2 and wanted to upgrade.

All the documentation for this procedure seems to state that the first step is to install Blesta 3 in a new location (then import from the Blest 2.5 location).

I currently have Blesta 2.5 running under a certain subdomain, and I want Blesta 3 to eventually run under that same subdomain.

What's the process to accomplish such a move?

5 answers to this question

Best way to do this, is save your config.php to your desktop as that has the AES Key.

Then upload the v3 files in the subdomain.

Make a new database eg: username_v3blesta.

Then install v3 and use the import feature, you will need the support module and the import module installed first though.

Good luck.

Thanks guys.

Just a couple of questions CubicWaves: 
- When you say "Just use the import feature", what exactly gets imported? The database from 2.5? Some files? Never having done this, what does the importer ask for? A folder location? DB name?

- You mentioned saving the config.php file to the desktop. I assume this file needs to be copied back into the Blesta 3 install directory? If so does it get copied there before the importing or after the importing from 2.5?

Paul, I'll do that. Save the 2.5 files by moving them into another folder. 

Thanks guys.

Just a couple of questions CubicWaves: 

- When you say "Just use the import feature", what exactly gets imported? The database from 2.5? Some files? Never having done this, what does the importer ask for? A folder location? DB name?

- You mentioned saving the config.php file to the desktop. I assume this file needs to be copied back into the Blesta 3 install directory? If so does it get copied there before the importing or after the importing from 2.5?

Paul, I'll do that. Save the 2.5 files by moving them into another folder. 

Everything in Blesta 2.5 gets imported over from staff, packages, etc.

Nope you need the AES key from the config to do the import, without that key you can't import as that hash will be used in v3.

Everything in Blesta 2.5 gets imported over from staff, packages, etc.

Nope you need the AES key from the config to do the import, without that key you can't import as that hash will be used in v3.

The import is very complete, it just doesn't import ticket attachments. You could copy those over if needed, but most people don't.

The AES key is not actually stored in Blesta v3 anywhere, the key is needed so that the CC details, and possibly other encrypted values can be decrypted. They are then re-encrypted and stored in v3 using a different cipher and a different key.