Invoice Payment Not Being Recorded

velaware

Question

I've noticed that none of the invoices have been marked as paid (when I received payment late last week and early this week) via PayPal.  I can't find no errors in the Tools->Logs area, and the transactions tab in that area shows absolutely nothing.

Running Blesta 3.0.3 (3.0.4 doesn't seem to address any of these issues).  Anyone have an idea as to why?

PHP Info

PHP 5.4.9-4ubuntu2.3 (cli) (built: Sep  4 2013 19:32:25) 

Copyright © 1997-2012 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright © 1998-2012 Zend Technologies
    with XCache v2.0.0, Copyright © 2005-2012, by mOo
    with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.4.1, Copyright © 2002-2013, by ionCube Ltd.

:/var/www/accounts# php -m

bcmath

bz2
calendar
Core
ctype
curl
date
dba
dom
ereg
exif
fileinfo
filter
ftp
gd
gettext
hash
iconv
imagick
imap
ionCube Loader
json
libxml
mailparse
mbstring
mcrypt
memcached
mhash
mysql
mysqli
openssl
pcntl
pcre
PDO
pdo_mysql
Phar
posix
readline
Reflection
session
shmop
SimpleXML
soap
sockets
SPL
standard
sysvmsg
sysvsem
sysvshm
tokenizer
wddx
XCache
xml
xmlreader
xmlwriter
xsl
zip
zlib

[Zend Modules]
XCache
the ionCube PHP Loader

11 answers to this question

Is the IPN enabled in PayPal?

Did the payment originate from Blesta v3?

I haven't experienced any of these issues with our installation, except for imported recurring subscriptions, which were set up in v2 after migrating to v3 because of an email address mismatch between our settings and the email PayPal sends in their IPN.. though in this case it does appear in the logs.

How do we go about setting it up so that PayPal reports info back to Blesta?  Do we use the IPN for that or the Return URL under hosted payment settings? Because right now payments are being made but Blesta doesn't record any transactions or mark invoices paid. 

I haven't experienced any of these issues with our installation, except for imported recurring subscriptions, which were set up in v2 after migrating to v3 because of an email address mismatch between our settings and the email PayPal sends in their IPN.. though in this case it does appear in the logs.

I've had the IPN on and off none record.

Yes, IPN is enabled in PayPal but is set to a testing address.  There's no information in Blesta as to what to set it to.

They have been from Blesta 2.5 so far from what I can tell, with one being a subscription payment so its not displaying any specific invoice information.

Sorry for the quick double post but it seems to have been fixed after I updated the IPN information to send IPN messages and changed the URL to the path of Blesta (https://www.anzensolutions.com/accounts/ in my case).

I apologize.

I did have to manually resend all of the IPNs though that were marked as disabled.  To do this go to Settings -> My selling tools (in PayPal).  Click on "Update" on the right side next to the Instant Payment Notifications section.  Click on the "IPN History page" link near the top of the page that pops up.  Then select each one that is marked as "Disabled" then click "Resend selected".  It may take a few minutes but now my invoices are being marked as paid. <3

Sorry for the quick double post but it seems to have been fixed after I updated the IPN information to send IPN messages and changed the URL to the path of Blesta (https://www.anzensolutions.com/accounts/ in my case).

I apologize.

I did have to manually resend all of the IPNs though that were marked as disabled.  To do this go to Settings -> My selling tools (in PayPal).  Click on "Update" on the right side next to the Instant Payment Notifications section.  Click on the "IPN History page" link near the top of the page that pops up.  Then select each one that is marked as "Disabled" then click "Resend selected".  It may take a few minutes but now my invoices are being marked as paid. <3

Ahh so the base install URL... great!   Thanks.   It worked for me as well. 

Though I do not have a "My Selling Tools" option but it was under Profile > Instant Payment Notification preferences > IPN History page (link at the top in the verbiage).

Ahh so the base install URL... great!   Thanks.   It worked for me as well. 

Though I do not have a "My Selling Tools" option but it was under Profile > Instant Payment Notification preferences > IPN History page (link at the top in the verbiage).

Sorry on that, lol.  I switched to the beta PayPal update so the UI is a lot different than the normal/standard/live one.

But happy you found it!