Pay For Features

tsiedsma

Question

I'm considering the switch to Blesta from WHMCS but am curious if the certain features that I may want coded can be purchased instead of submitting as a feature request, waiting for community feedback and the scheduled for a future release.

I have not made a list by any means but there are a few things that I would need in place before I could consider the switch. Simple example would be the ability to choose a server location when placing an order.  This is something I was able to code into WHMCS using their hooks system and changing the server group based on the selection of a Server Location configurable option for the hosting plan.

It works great for me and since I have servers in Europe and the US, my customers need to be able to choose where to have their hosting provisioned.

So, is it even an option to pay for custom dev work without having to hire a 3rd party or do it myself?

10 answers to this question

We are available for sponsored and custom development, email sales and we can discuss. If it's an extension it's a lot easier than a change to a core feature. For sponsored development, we only implement changes that we want to add to the product but can't do yet due to heavy demand of other features. For everything else it's custom development where we would make the change or build the feature just for you, and not include it in a future release.

We are available for sponsored and custom development, email sales and we can discuss. If it's an extension it's a lot easier than a change to a core feature. For sponsored development, we only implement changes that we want to add to the product but can't do yet due to heavy demand of other features. For everything else it's custom development where we would make the change or build the feature just for you, and not include it in a future release.

How can you do custom development in core without maintaining it on every release?  That sounds hectic.

How can you do custom development in core without maintaining it on every release?  That sounds hectic.

We don't recommend it, and will not maintain it.. but if someone really needs something, it's an option. An option we are likely to decline, but we've done it before in a couple cases. We recommend sticking to extensions because it doesn't eliminate an upgrade path.

Do you have a roadmap of features scheduled for next and future releases?

Also, do you have more detailed developer docs regarding provisioning module development?  I was looking at the docs as well as the included logicboxes module, I want to extend the functionality of the logic boxes module to included hosting and vps provisioning.  I had written one for WHMCS, so i just need to port it over.

Do you have a roadmap of features scheduled for next and future releases?

Also, do you have more detailed developer docs regarding provisioning module development?  I was looking at the docs as well as the included logicboxes module, I want to extend the functionality of the logic boxes module to included hosting and vps provisioning.  I had written one for WHMCS, so i just need to port it over.

Not sure if your talking about these mate:

http://source-docs.blesta.com/class-Oath.html

http://source-docs.blesta.com/package-blesta.app.html

What about my other question?

"Do you have a roadmap of features scheduled for next and future releases?"

We have a roadmap but it's not public. We're working towards making our project management public, but we have to work out some permissions issues with items that we don't necessarily want to be public before we can do that. Step 1: Upgrade the system is complete.