Suggestions Ratings/tracker

Daniel B

This is not a feature request at all for Blesta...but figured this would be a good place to put it.

Since Paul, Cody and Tyson are awesome and like to prioritize things by what the users want...wouldn't an actual "Suggested Feature Tracker" be a good addition to the site?  Instead of people posting new suggestions on the forums (or they could still do that but have a dedicated team to take the best suggestions and add them to the tracker?), they could add their suggestions/features to this tracker where everyone else could vote yay/nay...which would make it a lot easier for the devs to see what people want most...instead of counting +1s in a thread.

Just an idea :)

This is not a feature request at all for Blesta...but figured this would be a good place to put it.

Since Paul, Cody and Tyson are awesome and like to prioritize things by what the users want...wouldn't an actual "Suggested Feature Tracker" be a good addition to the site?  Instead of people posting new suggestions on the forums (or they could still do that but have a dedicated team to take the best suggestions and add them to the tracker?), they could add their suggestions/features to this tracker where everyone else could vote yay/nay...which would make it a lot easier for the devs to see what people want most...instead of counting +1s in a thread.

Just an idea :)

I agree and actually thought the same thing.  The features with the most votes go to the top of the list.  As well as a bug tracker.

I agree and actually thought the same thing.  The features with the most votes go to the top of the list.  As well as a bug tracker.

I think the default should actually show the newest suggestions...and then be able to sort it by the most votes.  If it's defaulted to the most votes...there's a good chance that newer suggestions that haven't had time to get votes will be buried at the bottom of the list and never get seen.

I like the way cpanel does it honestly.

http://features.cpanel.net/

yup, that's pretty much what I'm thinking...except list them in order of most recent by default, not most votes...because just like the cpanel list...a lot of good feature requests get buried on the last page just because they are new and don't get very many votes because of that.

yup, that's pretty much what I'm thinking...except list them in order of most recent by default, not most votes...because just like the cpanel list...a lot of good feature requests get buried on the last page just because they are new and don't get very many votes because of that.

I was thinking that part too. I would like to see most popular but most recent by default. They probably have that option and just set it the other way around.

Or :D have a BlestaTracker plugin built into Blesta. and then maybe sold for $xxx.xx :D haha.

That would be cool