Email Issues

SurgeNetwork

Question

Been issue after issue really.

Been contacted by a client today stating they keep getting invoice reminder emails, but they paid. On the system it is showing as paid, the invoice is closed, and they didn't get an invoice payment confirmation email. So how can I stop the reminders and how do I manually send the invoice payment confirmation?

14 answers to this question

Check the mail log for that customer. If a payment was processed, an email should have been attempted and you can resend a transaction email from the log.

Also, do these invoice reminder emails show up in the logs? The query that determines when to send a late notice or reminder starts with open invoices. So, if an invoice is closed it shouldn't ever send a notice.

I get a payment received email and my clients do, clients get one when I add it, and I think they get one when they paid on PayPal if the email matches. If the paypal doesn't match I don't think they get recorded.

So I have to have the same email in my billing system that is on my PayPal.. bit ridiculous if you ask me.

So I have to have the same email in my billing system that is on my PayPal.. bit ridiculous if you ask me.

Not sure if it that's the way it goes, but I've noticed myself the PayPal IPN only calls back and sets certain orders, rest I do manually. Not a Blesta issue, more of a PayPal is thick issue.

Not sure if it that's the way it goes, but I've noticed myself the PayPal IPN only calls back and sets certain orders, rest I do manually. Not a Blesta issue, more of a PayPal is thick issue.

Well in WHMCS the invoice payment confirmation was seperate from PayPal. I might even go back to it as Blesta doesn't seem to be right.. I dunno..

Well in WHMCS the invoice payment confirmation was seperate from PayPal. I might even go back to it as Blesta doesn't seem to be right.. I dunno..

It is separate, but Blesta needs to know whether the payment was made, else you could get loads of emails saying payment was done, but you didn't get the money.

The email address for PayPal does need to match the email address configured in the PayPal gateway in Blesta. We are planning to add an option to add additional email addresses that should be accepted by Blesta.

Ah so I'm not thinking I'm mad lol haha, maybe a secret paypal field if they pay it, and get the email for their paypal from it and maybe use the subscription id?

If you want to warn customers about their email address you can edit what I have done:

/plugins/order/views/templates/standard/main_signup.pdt

Find: 

<?php
echo $this->Html->ifSet($message);
?>

add this above it:

<div class="message_box">
<ul>
<li class="info">
<a href="#" class="cross_btn">×</a>
<p>
If you are paying by PayPal, please sign up with your email address as that will record the payment and activate your service.<br />
If you don't wish to use your PayPal account email address, please beware that there might be a little delay.<br />
This will be fixed soon, and we apologies for the inconvenience this may cause.</p>
</li>
</ul>
</div>

Shows a little message on sign up when placing a order.