Multi-Company Maintenance Mode.

Michael

Interesting idea. We assumed the primary reason someone would want to put the system in maintenance mode is to perform an upgrade -- in which case, it's best if all companies are in maintenance mode. I suppose there are reasons one company would need to be in maintenance mode and not others.

Interesting idea. We assumed the primary reason someone would want to put the system in maintenance mode is to perform an upgrade -- in which case, it's best if all companies are in maintenance mode. I suppose there are reasons one company would need to be in maintenance mode and not others.

Yeah I was just wondering if there was a way to do this manually as I want to take the cubicwebs one offline for a day however keep licensecart up, as we need to do the billing data / etc on a day in December so I can have a fresh clean start to the year, since bills are all over the place since whmcs and paypal lol.

Settings are inherited, though I don't think this would work here, but you can give it a try.

You could try adding 2 rows to the company_settings table.

key: maintenance_mode

value: true (or false)

key: maintenance_reason

value: We are currently undergoing maintenance (or whatever you want it to say)

Make sure the company_id is correct, and encrypted is 0.

Try this at your own risk, I'm doubtful it will work.

Settings are inherited, though I don't think this would work here, but you can give it a try.

You could try adding 2 rows to the company_settings table.

key: maintenance_mode

value: true (or false)

key: maintenance_reason

value: We are currently undergoing maintenance (or whatever you want it to say)

Make sure the company_id is correct, and encrypted is 0.

Try this at your own risk, I'm doubtful it will work.

I will test that in a bit thanks mate, I was wondering is there a PHP if statement we could use if $company_id = 1 show error else show the structure.pdt code?