Various Blesta Questions

Brashquido

Question

Hi All,

New user to Blesta and have multiple questions, though I feel a good bunch of them will be straight forward for the seasoned user so I will post them all together;

Billing

1. I created a $1 test invoice (manual entry) for my test user and paid via the Paypal payments standard gateway. This appears to have gone through fine and the money is in my Paypal account. After exiting the Paypal site I land back on the payment received landing page which says my payment is being processed, however this invoice never shows as being paid in Blesta. Any ideas why this might be?

2. Is it possible to have the invoice numbering scheme as something like "<client-ID> - <invoice No.>" ?

3. I'd like to use the offline payment module as an option for local business to avoid Paypal fees. I can't find much in the way of documentation for the instructions section. Is this intended for just text/HTML or something else? If logic can be built in here are there any examples published anywhere?

4. On the checkout page of the order form, I would like to rename "Offline Payment" to something else more relevant. How can I do this?

5. On the "Almost There..." page of the order form I would like to change "Almost There..." and also remove the "To complete your order click the pay button below." sentence. However, I only want to do this for orders using offline payments. Is this possible?

6. When creating coupons, is it possible to only have them to apply to to specific terms? For example, valid for a 12 month but not a 1 month subscription.

Universal Module

1. How can I associate costs to services when adding them to a package in the universal module?

2. I take it the fields labeled add, edit, suspend, etc are so you can integrate Blesta into your own systems for automation? If so, is there anything in existence which can be used to output a customers order to an XML file? I'm developing some Microsoft Powershell scripts which build servers based on values in an XML file. 

Namecheap Module

1. Domain registrations obviously cost various amounts depending on namespace. Is there anyway I can account for these differences when generating my pricing other than creating a load of different packages?

2. When creating a SSL Certificate package, the options under the "SSL Certificate" type are exactly the same as when using the "Domain Registration" type. Shouldn't I be seeing options relevant to the sort of certificates on offer via Namecheap?

Intergration

1. I'll be looking to use Drupal, Wordpress or Joomla as the front end to my website. In addition to the shared login system, what else would I need to integrate things such as forms?

Apologies for all the questions, and thanks for any help!

2 answers to this question

1. I created a $1 test invoice (manual entry) for my test user and paid via the Paypal payments standard gateway. This appears to have gone through fine and the money is in my Paypal account. After exiting the Paypal site I land back on the payment received landing page which says my payment is being processed, however this invoice never shows as being paid in Blesta. Any ideas why this might be?

The cron might be effecting it, wait 5 minutes, the other reason could be because the email address on the account isn't the PayPal email address.

2. Is it possible to have the invoice numbering scheme as something like "<client-ID> - <invoice No.>" ?

Not at the moment, you can open a feature request about this, it would be cool to still the client number in like {client_no}

3. I'd like to use the offline payment module as an option for local business to avoid Paypal fees. I can't find much in the way of documentation for the instructions section. Is this intended for just text/HTML or something else? If logic can be built in here are there any examples published anywhere?

You cna put anything you want in it, we use Offline Payments for Bank Transfers, so we put our Bank details in it.

4. On the checkout page of the order form, I would like to rename "Offline Payment" to something else more relevant. How can I do this?

Edit: $lang['Offline.name'] = "Offline Payment"; in: /components/gateways/nonmerchant/offline/language/en_us/offline.php 

5. On the "Almost There..." page of the order form I would like to change "Almost There..." and also remove the "To complete your order click the pay button below." sentence. However, I only want to do this for orders using offline payments. Is this possible?

Not sure, and I don't believe you can limit it to Offline payments, the guys will help you with that, I think it would be in the languages folder but not sure what line.

6. When creating coupons, is it possible to only have them to apply to to specific terms? For example, valid for a 12 month but not a 1 month subscription.

Not yet, I've done a feature request for it but no update yet. http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/993-coupons-per-tier/

Universal Module

1. How can I associate costs to services when adding them to a package in the universal module?

You make the package and you set the price per tier, in 3.1 the configurations have been improved.

2. I take it the fields labeled add, edit, suspend, etc are so you can integrate Blesta into your own systems for automation? If so, is there anything in existence which can be used to output a customers order to an XML file? I'm developing some Microsoft Powershell scripts which build servers based on values in an XML file.

label is what what is shown to the customers on order, the other is for the database.

Namecheap Module

1. Domain registrations obviously cost various amounts depending on namespace. Is there anyway I can account for these differences when generating my pricing other than creating a load of different packages?

2. When creating a SSL Certificate package, the options under the "SSL Certificate" type are exactly the same as when using the "Domain Registration" type. Shouldn't I be seeing options relevant to the sort of certificates on offer via Namecheap?

Not sure sorry I don't use that module. 

Intergration

1. I'll be looking to use Drupal, Wordpress or Joomla as the front end to my website. In addition to the shared login system, what else would I need to integrate things such as forms?

Module is being made for Wordpress: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/901-wordpress-integration-plugin/