Stripe Gateway / Blesta Credit Card Storage Issue

ATS Larry

Question

Scenario 1

Customer adds a credit card to their account.
I have 'Store Card Information Offsite' TURNED OFF.
But have Stripe payments enabled.
Customer receives and invoice and tries to pay with the credit card they added to their account and it produces the error:

This card number looks invalid.

The customer goes and checks the credit card information and ensures that it's valid.

ISSUE/BUG: Blesta does not appear to be storing the credit card information properly and once the card information is added, it appears to corrupt the card information in some way to make it not readable to Stripe for payment processing purposes. I can reproduce this same error / bug, over and over again, no problem.

You can see the reproduction of the error in this video:

http://screencast.com/t/VuzsbDFJqKMK

Scenario 2

Customer adds a credit card to their account.
I have 'Store Card Information Offsite' TURNED ON and have Stripe payments enabled.
Customer receives and invoice and tries to pay with the credit card they added to their account, payment information goes through just fine.

If you go to edit the payment account, next to the card number is a link to show the card once you enter your admin password. Can you successfully view the card number once you do that? This will tell us whether or not you have an issue decrypting the card number.

That is so bizarre.  You see that I'm not just saying it, you see the proof for yourself.  That's a little strange, huh?

Very.  If you're using Blesta 3.06 and the latest Stripe API then you're using the same code base as me and mine works.  I replicated your video down to the expiration date (not that it would matter).  

Is it possible that the plugin is somehow outdated?  Short of that and a debug mode that would allow us to see the transaction, that which I am not aware of, I'm not sure. Reinstalling is only going around the problem but it could serve useful for testing purposes (on the same server).  Speaking of which this sounds a generic suggestion but is there a possible configuration issue on the server such as any type of security software?

If our code is identical and our API is identical what else could it be?  It might be time to start looking outside of Blesta.  Especially if you do a fresh install and get the same results.

Ah, don't worry about it.  I have already reinstalled everything and I am setting everything back up again and adding all my customer's back in manually and the few packages that I have setup for testing.  I will be testing it again soon and I will update you as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Larry

Larry, do you have this enabled?

http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Company+%3E+General#Company%3EGeneral-Encryption

If so then you'll want to read this section:

Setting an encryption passphrase will disable auto-debit

If enabled, encrypted payment account details can only be decrypted using the set passphrase. This means auto-debit, and the ability for clients to process payments using stored accounts will be disabled. Payments will have to be manually batched under [billing] > [batch].