Cron Sending Emails Multiple Times

EngageCommerce

Question

Hi,

There are 2 parts to my problem, the first;

I have an issue where the cron is sending out Invoice Due and Scheduled Payment Reminder emails 4 times each to every client. All 4 emails go out at exactly the same time down to the second and all 4 show in the Mail logs.

This seems to have been happening for some time but I never noticed until a few clients complained of multiple emails requesting payment.

I'm running v3.0.7 and email is sent out using PHP.

The second part of my problem is regarding the invoice PDF attachment which is never attached to email that goes out via the cron, but if I manually send the invoice email from the Client page the PDF is attached to the recieved email.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

9 answers to this question

Can you ensure that your cron should be ran every 5 minutes. Also check these:

admin/settings/company/billing/invoices/ And admin/settings/company/billing/notices/ to ensure they are correct. 

I've not seen this issue before, so just wanted to see if you could check them and maybe attach screenshots for us the community and the blesta team to help you. 

Can you ensure that your cron should be ran every 5 minutes. Also check these:

admin/settings/company/billing/invoices/ And admin/settings/company/billing/notices/ to ensure they are correct. 

I've not seen this issue before, so just wanted to see if you could check them and maybe attach screenshots for us the community and the blesta team to help you. 

Hey CubicWebs,

Thanks for the reply. Yes cron is set to run every 5 minutes and just checked the logs and its running every 5 minutes, no missed runs in the log.

Screen shots attached of requested pages

Blesta-Invoice-Options.jpg

Blesta-Notices.jpg

I would suggest sending mail out via SMTP instead of PHP. If the problem persists then it's likely an issue with cron being configured incorrectly on your system. You may have more than one instance of the cron daemon running on your server.

Hi Cody,

There is only one instance of the cron running on the box. I will swap over to SMTP and test.

In what way could the cron be configured incorrectly ?

Thanks

Hi Cody,

There is only one instance of the cron running on the box. I will swap over to SMTP and test.

In what way could the cron be configured incorrectly ?

Thanks

There could be multiple cron tasks configured to run the same script at the same time, or you could have multiple cron daemons running.

Do you happen to have 4 client groups? If so, have you upgraded to 3.0.7?

Hey Paul,

No I have 3 client groups and I have upgraded to 3.0.7.

I've setup a dummy client the same as one of the clients who are getting the multiple invoices. Its set to run/generate an invoice tomorrow so I'll report back what happens using SMTP this time.