Cryptocurrency Mining

cloudrck

Yeah, Litecoin seems pretty legit.

I should be getting 830Kh/s and up with the R9 290

That's not bad at all. I always look at the time to recover the hardware cost.. a few months, ok.. but I've seen a lot of the Bitcoin mining hardware priced at 6 months or more. By then, it's pretty much obsolete. Too many people buying without thinking things through.

That's not bad at all. I always look at the time to recover the hardware cost.. a few months, ok.. but I've seen a lot of the Bitcoin mining hardware priced at 6 months or more. By then, it's pretty much obsolete. Too many people buying without thinking things through.

I'm still working on how the market works, thinking about using http://www.middlecoin.com/ for max profitability. I should be getting the card soon (prices went up again, go figure) and I got a new 1000W PSU)

The only other issue I have to worry about is electricity use, at the moment this is what my usage amounts to for my entire household. I will see  how this fairs when my new equipment gets here.

FLhqj3x.png

I decided to just build a rig, one of my GPU's came in. With another one on backorder.

AMD Sempron 145

Asrock 970Extreme4

2GB RAM

Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X

1000W Roswill PSU

I got Xubuntu running with the latest stable 13.12 AMD drivers on a USB stick. I switched to sgminer as cgminer doesn't support scrypt any more and I'd rather have my software updated.

I get 870Kh/s with

export DISPLAY=:0 export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1 export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100 -I 20 -g 1 -w 512 --thread-concurrency 24000

I also had to set my engine clock speed to 1000, and my memory clock speed to 1499. That gave me a 100Kh/s increase from stock.

Wow, that sounds like you've got that dialed in pretty well. 870Kh/s is fantastic. I haven't heard of sgminer before, how do you like it? The older version of cgminer I've been running (3.7.2) seems to be pretty stable, rarely crashes.

I had issues with cgminer 3.7.2 crashing when I modified the clock speed. Sgminer is a fork of cgminer, exclusively for scrypt GPU mining. sgminer is more stable for my setup.

Now I need to go to the hardware store so I can build an open case for this thing.

7tvaDOYl.jpg

I'm thinking about switching to https://www.multipool.us so I can mine various coins (Dogecoin is on the rise, especially after the the mainstream press coverage it received after helping send a bobsled team to the Olympics.) I've been looking at the different exchanges, and watching the market caps.

Curious Paul, how much is electricity where you guys are at?

Great dialogue.  This is going to be a good reference point in the future I think if and when I get time.  Thanks for sharing!

$0.30 tier... pretty much the tier you're in when you get home and start the washer and dry, turn on the AC, microwave some pizza, turn on the TV, and login to Blesta Forums.  SoCal loves their Edison!  For everyone else there's DWP if you're the lucky few.  Cloudrck you're under 5 cents per kWh?  Where at?

Great dialogue.  This is going to be a good reference point in the future I think if and when I get time.  Thanks for sharing!

$0.30 tier... pretty much the tier you're in when you get home and start the washer and dry, turn on the AC, microwave some pizza, turn on the TV, and login to Blesta Forums.  SoCal loves their Edison!  For everyone else there's DWP if you're the lucky few.  Cloudrck you're under 5 cents per kWh?  Where at?

Chicago, everything else is insanely expensive, but at least I get cheap electricity. I use a profit switching pool and I make enough money for breakfast and lunch everyday at the moment. But I'm going to hold on to some coins I think will be valuable in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...