Documentation

EngageCommerce

Question

Is there any detailed documentation available on how to configure Packages, Groups, Options, Add-ons ?

We've been using Blesta for recurring invoices but now want to start using it to automate the billing of our hosting and domains through ResellerClub.

Whats confusing the hell out of me is the Packages / Groups / Options bit. The options menu has " Create Groups"  but also Create Option, while the Groups menu also has another " Create Groups ".

How do these interact, whats the best way to go about configuring your setup, for Hosting, Domains, SSL.

Maybe someone could post an example of a plan they have setup ? We've looked at the User Manual section but its lacking in much needed detail.

2 answers to this question

Groups => Package groups ==> Eg: Shared Hosting

Packages => Products ==> Eg: Basic hosting, Advanced hosting (You need to assign them to a package group)

-------------------------------

Options groups ==> Option groups ==> Dedicated IPs

Options ==> Options ==> 1 IP address, 2 IP addresses (They need to be assigned to the Option group)

I recommend checking this video:

http://player.vimeo.com/video/84284299

Whats confusing the hell out of me is the Packages / Groups / Options bit. The options menu has " Create Groups"  but also Create Option, while the Groups menu also has another " Create Groups ".

The difference is Package Groups vs Package Option Groups. The video CubicWebs linked is a good one to watch for a basic understanding of Package Options.

Package Groups contain 1 or more Packages

Package Option Groups contain 1 or more Options

On order forms, Package Groups are displayed like categories, with their member packages within them.

When configuring a package to order during check out, package options will be requested, and ordered similarly within their package option groups.

I hope this makes sense, and thanks for bearing with us. Our documentation can definitely use some help, we're updating it as we can and hope to be caught up soon.