Paid Downloads

SimWhite

Question

13 answers to this question

Eric is already developing some modules for me :)
I thought it can be done using the built-in modules.
Thanks for reply.

Meet people everywhere. :D

As for this being done, not sure.  What you could do is use the license manager once it gets released to the public (I think its only for devs right now?).  I don't think there's any sort of ACL or something for the downloads area, but with the manager you'll be able to have people not be able to use something w/o a valid license.  Its what I do for a few of my works.

Meet people everywhere. :D

As for this being done, not sure.  What you could do is use the license manager once it gets released to the public (I think its only for devs right now?).  I don't think there's any sort of ACL or something for the downloads area, but with the manager you'll be able to have people not be able to use something w/o a valid license.  Its what I do for a few of my works.

Didn't think about that, I thought a module for a like "download manager" however it has a paypal or something button which after payment returns to the new download manager with a button to download.

Didn't think about that, I thought a module for a like "download manager" however it has a paypal or something button which after payment returns to the new download manager with a button to download.

It'd be interesting to modify the download manager plugin to do that, but it would require a bit of a trick.  Might do that though once I get some free time.

The download manager allows you to restrict downloads by client group, or by package. If a user purchases a certain package, it can unlock the restricted download on the download page.

Doesn't that work in this case, or am I missing something at this late hour :)

oh yeah :D forgot about that, so that does work that way.

I tried to create package, but receive an error:

SQLSTATE[21000]: Cardinality violation: 1241 Operand should contain 1 column(s) on line 124 in /var/www/lib/model.php Printing Stack Trace:
#0 /var/www/lib/model.php(124): PDOStatement->execute(Array)
#1 /var/www/components/record/record.php(655): Model->query('SELECT `id` FRO...', Array)
#2 /var/www/app/models/packages.php(1354): Record->fetch()
#3 [internal function]: Packages->validatePriceInUse(0, Array)
#4 /var/www/components/input/input.php(478): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 /var/www/components/input/input.php(254): Input->validateRule('pricing', Array, 0, 'term', Array)
#6 [internal function]: Input->processValidation(0, 'term', Array, 2, 2, Array)
#7 /var/www/components/input/input.php(542): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#8 /var/www/components/input/input.php(546): Input::array_walk_recursive(Array, Array, Array, 2, 1, Array)
#9 /var/www/components/input/input.php(305): Input::array_walk_recursive(Array, Array, Array, 2)
#10 /var/www/app/models/packages.php(80): Input->validates(Array)
#11 /var/www/app/controllers/admin_packages.php(224): Packages->add(Array)
#12 /var/www/lib/dispatcher.php(111): AdminPackages->add()
#13 /var/www/index.php(21): Dispatcher::dispatch('/admin/packages...')
#14 {main}

UPD: Found a problem. When I try to use one time payment in package I receive an error provided above, but if create recurring payment, save it and edit it to one time - everything is going well.

Also I wanna know what about huge download files more than 2GB, it will be fails with php timeout or not? Is there xsendfile support?

I tried to create package, but receive an error:

SQLSTATE[21000]: Cardinality violation: 1241 Operand should contain 1 column(s) on line 124 in /var/www/lib/model.php Printing Stack Trace:#0 /var/www/lib/model.php(124): PDOStatement->execute(Array)#1 /var/www/components/record/record.php(655): Model->query('SELECT `id` FRO...', Array)#2 /var/www/app/models/packages.php(1354): Record->fetch()#3 [internal function]: Packages->validatePriceInUse(0, Array)#4 /var/www/components/input/input.php(478): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#5 /var/www/components/input/input.php(254): Input->validateRule('pricing', Array, 0, 'term', Array)#6 [internal function]: Input->processValidation(0, 'term', Array, 2, 2, Array)#7 /var/www/components/input/input.php(542): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#8 /var/www/components/input/input.php(546): Input::array_walk_recursive(Array, Array, Array, 2, 1, Array)#9 /var/www/components/input/input.php(305): Input::array_walk_recursive(Array, Array, Array, 2)#10 /var/www/app/models/packages.php(80): Input->validates(Array)#11 /var/www/app/controllers/admin_packages.php(224): Packages->add(Array)#12 /var/www/lib/dispatcher.php(111): AdminPackages->add()#13 /var/www/index.php(21): Dispatcher::dispatch('/admin/packages...')#14 {main}
UPD: Found a problem. When I try to use one time payment in package I receive an error provided above, but if create recurring payment, save it and edit it to one time - everything is going well.

Also I wanna know what about huge download files more than 2GB, it will be fails with php timeout or not? Is there xsendfile support?

Not sure about the add package unless it's the "One time only payment, and then you need to edit the file one file, which you can find in the bugs forum.

The 2GB you will need to edit the PHP configuration for max upload and the memory limit. I upload big files to the /uploads/1/download_files/ folder and then link to it on the path to file /home/username/uploads/2/download_files/blesta-3.1.1.zip

The 2GB you will need to edit the PHP configuration for max upload and the memory limit. I upload big files to the /uploads/1/download_files/ folder and then link to it on the path to file /home/username/uploads/2/download_files/blesta-3.1.1.zip

I mean users download, not upload. Previously I use WP with some plugins for PD, and users download fails with php timeout settings, so I use xsendfile apache mod for download files directly bypassing php. What about Blesta?

Not sure about the add package unless it's the "One time only payment, and then you need to edit the file one file, which you can find in the bugs forum.

Fixed for me. Thanks a lot.