Issues With Upload Directory, Invoice Logo

s0urce

Question

I've been trying to add a logo to my invoices. To do so requires the upload path to be writable.

Initially I tried setting a path up outside of the blesta install: /home/myuser/uploads (Chmod 777) with No luck!

I managed to get it working in a dirty format by creating an upload folder in /var/www/html/mysite/ but again Chmod 777 was the only way blesta found it to be writable.

After successfully uploading a logo for invoices it went to the correct dir: /var/www/html/mysite/upload/1/invoices where the inv_logo.png file is present

However, a new error is experienced when I tick the box to display a logo on the invoice, and then try to view a customer invoice

Call to undefined function imagecreatefrompng() on line 5395 in /var/www/html/mysite.com/vendors/tcpdf/tcpdf.php

HELP! 

8 answers to this question

Still not sure why I can't use an upload directory outside of my doc root when permissions are at 777...so bizarre

Chances are good that your web server doesn't allow files to be written above its document root for security reasons. This could be a feature of Cloud Linux, or something else.