*use Module Error

clamhost

Hi,

There is a bug with *Use Module for both create and edit.

When ever we deselect use module it uses the module anyway. This makes it hard to edit peoples services without having to it through the database.

This bug has been confirmed with Maxus a developer for NOCPS.

IE when I edit cpanel account details it does not even save them.

I've not had that when editing a cPanel account, because I had to do that to get my customers services added when we moved to Blesta. Otherwise it would have tried to add it to WHM and then fail with a error.

The error is with all Modules.

The bug has been confirmed by a developer maxnet.

"

Hmm, you have a point.

That it still calls our module even if you uncheck "use module" is a Blesta bug though.

Recall there is a thread about that somewhere on their forum about someone else reporting the same with another module."

Yeah hopefully the guys can see if they can copy it, but the module developed by third partys are not Blesta's issues, they are down to the module developers.. If they've made a bug or just bad coding.

We need more information as described in How to Report a Bug. e.g., version of Blesta, version of the module, steps to duplicate, etc.

There is a bug with *Use Module for both create and edit.

When ever we deselect use module it uses the module anyway.

I don't experience this issue in v3.1.2 of Blesta for cPanel v1.1.0.

IE when I edit cpanel account details it does not even save them.

There may be issues with some modules, like cPanel, not saving field changes on edit when Use Module is not checked, but this would be module-specific. If you're experiencing this with multiple modules, please create a new bug report for each one.

We need more information as described in How to Report a Bug. e.g., version of Blesta, version of the module, steps to duplicate, etc.

I don't experience this issue in v3.1.2 of Blesta for cPanel v1.1.0.

There may be issues with some modules, like cPanel, not saving field changes on edit when Use Module is not checked, but this would be module-specific. If you're experiencing this with multiple modules, please create a new bug report for each one.

All modules have the same issue. I don't see why I should have to post a bug report for every provisioning module for blesta.

All modules have the same issue. I don't see why I should have to post a bug report for every provisioning module for blesta.

We keep track of, respond to, and close bug threads once their complete on a per-thread basis. This helps to keep things on topic, and easy for everyone to follow. If you post 10 bugs in a thread, the topic gets out of hand and it's difficult for anyone to determine which, if any, have been fixed.

Likewise, each module, plugin, gateway, and Blesta itself have different versions, and we can't assume all versions experience the same issues. This is part of the reason why it's pertinent to have as much information as possible as described in How to Report a Bug.

While you've mentioned that the bug applies to 'all modules', I've given an example of a case where it does not (at least, not for me). And as much as we would like to fix any and all bugs that are reported, we can't look into each bug without enough information to duplicate it. Since you experience the bug, you are in the best position to convey how, what, when, and where the bug occurs.

We keep track of, respond to, and close bug threads once their complete on a per-thread basis. This helps to keep things on topic, and easy for everyone to follow. If you post 10 bugs in a thread, the topic gets out of hand and it's difficult for anyone to determine which, if any, have been fixed.

Likewise, each module, plugin, gateway, and Blesta itself have different versions, and we can't assume all versions experience the same issues. This is part of the reason why it's pertinent to have as much information as possible as described in How to Report a Bug.

While you've mentioned that the bug applies to 'all modules', I've given an example of a case where it does not (at least, not for me). And as much as we would like to fix any and all bugs that are reported, we can't look into each bug without enough information to duplicate it. Since you experience the bug, you are in the best position to convey how, what, when, and where the bug occurs.

I don't have any issues with cPanel, cPanel Extended, InterWorx on my installation

Yeah hopefully the guys can see if they can copy it, but the module developed by third partys are not Blesta's issues, they are down to the module developers.. If they've made a bug or just bad coding.

Thanks for the confidence mate...

Third party modules rely on the correctness of the input they are being fed by Blesta though. A concept known in software engineering as garbage in, garbage out. ^_^

One of the situations it occurs, is when creating a service in "pending" state first, and then activating it later with "use module" unchecked

Screenshot of options selected:

blesta3.png

Information sent by Blesta to the module when pressing "activate" button.

(added a die(print_r($vars, true)); to the top of the addService() method)

Array ( [status] => active [ip] => 1.2.3.4 [notify_order] => true [use_module] => true [pricing_id] => 1 [qty] => 1 [current_qty] => 1 [configoptions] => Array ( ) [client_id] => 2 )

Check box is unchecked, yet it says use_module => true.

Recall someone else already reported experiencing similar behaviour with a domain registration module in another thread.

So assumed it was a known issue.

Thanks for the confidence mate...

Third party modules rely on the correctness of the input they are being fed by Blesta though. A concept known in software engineering as garbage in, garbage out. ^_^

One of the situations it occurs, is when creating a service in "pending" state first, and then activating it later with "use module" unchecked

Screenshot of options selected:

blesta3.png

Information sent by Blesta to the module when pressing "activate" button.

(added a die(print_r($vars, true)); to the top of the addService() method)

Array ( [status] => active [ip] => 1.2.3.4 [notify_order] => true [use_module] => true [pricing_id] => 1 [qty] => 1 [current_qty] => 1 [configoptions] => Array ( ) [client_id] => 2 )

Check box is unchecked, yet it says use_module => true.

Recall someone else already reported experiencing similar behaviour with a domain registration module in another thread.

So assumed it was a known issue.

Sorry, I wasn't targeting you personally or saying your their's anything wrong with your module  because without you guys (Developers) we wouldn't have any cool modules, but it's your responsibility if something is wrong with the module. If it is a Blesta issue then you'll need to talk to the guys, not the clients or Blesta part on it. However I've not had any issues on my installations with any module that I currently use. And I had to use the modules without the box ticked before and worked fine. If it is a Blesta issue I apologies and take my comments back but from experience on my install, I've not had any issues.

If it is a Blesta issue then you'll need to talk to the guys, not the clients or Blesta part on it.

Don't see what's wrong with pointing out that I believed it was a known issue, already reported by others.

I assume reported issues will be fixed by the guys eventually, without me having to bug them about it. ;)

Problems occur when operating on a service that already exists in Blesta in some form (e.g. ones in "pending" state, or partially imported from WHMCS), as opposed to creating services that did not exist at all.

If you are only creating brand new services in one go, you might indeed not notice it.