Paypal Payments Standard Says "gateway Does Not Exist Or Is Not Enabled"

Clare

Question

Hi, 

I have installed the PayPal Payments Standard gateway into the back end of Blesta. I created an invoice and tried to pay it, but it says "gateway does not exist or is not enabled." I have no other payment gateways installed. 

I have entered my PayPal standard email address, and it did not work with just that. I also tried putting in my API key, signature, and password. Those did not work either. 

I called PayPal and they said it might be something where I would need to sign up for PayPal Pro, but there is a different module for that. Can anyone help?

Thank you, 

Clare

12 answers to this question

Thanks. That was not enabled, I didn't check PayPal on the order form. However, I added PayPal to the order form (I'm not connecting an order form to this invoice, just sending the invoice by itself). So now that PayPal is added to the order form, I'm still getting the same error message. The currency is also checked in the gateway. Any ideas?

Do I need to connect the order form to the invoice somehow?

Typically you'd receive that error if the gateway was not installed on the company, or the currency you're trying to use with the gateway has not been enabled. You could double check that the invoice's currency matches a currency the paypal gateway is set to accept.

If everything seems good, you can always uninstall the gateway and reinstall it through the admin interface.

Is an SSL Certificate required for PayPal Standard? Could that be doing it?

An SSL cert is not required for making payments through non merchant gateways.

When paying, are you logged in as a client? Payments cannot be processed through the admin area for non merchant gateways because the client typically has to login to PayPal, or other to make payment.

No, the error is isolated to Blesta. There must be something else that is preventing Blesta from fetching the PayPal gateway.

Has the gateway ever worked before?

At what step do you receive the error as a client?

Have you tried other non-merchant gateways to see if you can get passed that step?

Do you have multiple companies setup?

Did you ever make any custom changes to Blesta, or the PayPal gateway?

What version of Blesta and the PayPal gateway are you using?

The error was that I was trying to pay from the back end! I figured I could pay from there, and I didn't try from the front end. I tried it from the front end and it worked. In the meantime, I got a few other things ironed out so thanks!