Can Customers Send Emergency Priority E-Mails?

yngens

I know customers can select the emergency or another priority when opening a ticket when logged into Blesta client UI, but can they somehow control priority when sending an e-mail? Maybe by including some keywords in the body of the ticket like, for example:

To: support@company.com
Subject: 

Body:
priority: emergency

Text

Or even better way - could our customers send their emergency support requests to emergency@company.com, which in turn would forward it to support@company.com (to an e-mail associated with Support Department, which has Medium priority usually) but changing the ticket priority to emergency?

I know I can create another department and assign emergency@company.com to it, but I really would like to have one single Support Department, which would usually receive Medium priority tickets, but also, if possible, Emergency priority tickets.

This is not currently possible, would you like me to move this to the feature request forum? It's something that could certainly be done. The practicality of the feature is something I'm not as sure about -- most customers are not going to know that they can do this. And it may need to be a setting, as staff may not want customers to set the priority via email. Often times customers will select the highest priority not on the basis of their request being urgent but because they would like a reply sooner.

This is not currently possible, would you like me to move this to the feature request forum? It's something that could certainly be done. The practicality of the feature is something I'm not as sure about -- most customers are not going to know that they can do this. And it may need to be a setting, as staff may not want customers to set the priority via email. Often times customers will select the highest priority not on the basis of their request being urgent but because they would like a reply sooner.

What about the second suggestion? We want to give our customers two e-mails: support@company.tld and emergency@company.tld and would like to associate both of them with one Support department. So when Blesta receives customer e-mail it selects different priorities depending on the destination e-mail, i.e. if email was sent to emergency@ then higher priority, if it was sent to support@ email then normal priority. I think this is much better way.

And yes, please move this to new feature request forum.

Basically, we request one department to be able to have two or more addresses and the system to set priorities depending to which address customer e-mail comes.

You can have different emails go to different departments with different default priorities. You can also have multiple email addresses forward to the same department email, but they cannot affect the priority. Simply put, the default priority for the department is the priority that is used when an email comes into the department.

It sounds like there are possibly 2 separate feature requests here. If so, please open a new thread for one of them.

1. Set priority in content of email

2. Set priority by email address, allowing multiple email addresses to pipe into the same department.

Simply put, the default priority for the department is the priority that is used when an email comes into the department.

I understand that and I like this behavior. However, just think about wouldn't be even better if a department, for example Support Department, could be associated with two (or more) e-mail addresses and depending which address customers send their e-mails the system could assign them different priorities.

For example, we could ask our customers to send normal support requests to support@company.com and urgent support requests to emergency@company.com.

I know I can create two different departments to have this setup now. But since both two types of tickets are about technical support requests, I really do not want to keep them in two different departments.

This is just a request. Please discuss this internally among Blesta developers, maybe you'll see the point. Thanks!