Gateways And Currencies That Not Supported

Blesta Addons

Question

How to accomplish this scenario , i want to make paypal/payzaect ... to be shown even if the currency set in invoice not supported by that's gateways ?

example ,

i have set as currencies , USD/EUR/IND/MAD , let say IND/MAD are currency not supported by paypal .

i have package with XXX amount in MAD only .

my client X has this package with MAD currency , they have now invoice with XXX in MAD currency , when he select to pay it , paypal NOT SHOWN as a MAD not supported by it .

now i how i can make the paypal be shown , and when he select pay , the system need to make a conversion rate from MAD to USD and procced to pay in paypal page .

in V2.5 , this was not possible , and i have coded my own gateway that make conversion if the curriency is not supported by the gateway .

i think it would be great if the gateways can convert any NO SUPPORTED CURRENCY TO A DEFAULT CURRENCY "USD" .

4 answers to this question

Go to: /components/gateways/nonmerchant/paypal_payments_standard/paypal_payments_standard.php

Edit: 

public function getCurrencies() {
		return array("AUD", "BRL", "CAD", "CZK", "DKK", "EUR", "HKD", "HUF", "ILS", "JPY",
			"MYR", "MXN", "NOK", "NZD", "PHP", "PLN", "GBP", "SGD", "SEK", "CHF",
			"TWD", "THB", "TRY", "USD");
	}

To:

public function getCurrencies() {
		return array("AUD", "BRL", "CAD", "CZK", "DKK", "EUR", "HKD", "HUF", "ILS", "JPY",
			"MAD", "MYR", "MXN", "NOK", "NZD", "PHP", "PLN", "GBP", "SGD", "SEK", "CHF",
			"TWD", "THB", "TRY", "USD");
	}

Hello Mat , thanks for your remply ; but maybe you have not get my idea .

i don't want to show paypal in a no supported currency in invocie , you solution , will make the paypal shown , but it will give a error in the payment page , as the currency is not supported .

my goal is to make the gateway calcul the rate between currencies and proceed payement in USD .

i have coded that in my v2.5 , but i ask if this is posible in v3 or not yet .

Hello Mat , thanks for your remply ; but maybe you have not get my idea .

i don't want to show paypal in a no supported currency in invocie , you solution , will make the paypal shown , but it will give a error in the payment page , as the currency is not supported .

my goal is to make the gateway calcul the rate between currencies and proceed payement in USD .

i have coded that in my v2.5 , but i ask if this is posible in v3 or not yet .

Oh no there isn't unless you force USD I suppose.

unless you force USD I suppose.

This is what it should do .

others has that already implemented . they not show gateway based in the currency in invoice , the gateway is activated ,it will be available for all , is the currency is not supported , then a conversion porocess should begin .

the idea is so sample , the gateway conversion shod act if the currency is not listed in getCurrencies() function .

a feature request is needed here :)