Change To Invoicing Cycle

Greg-Mega

Question

Hi All,

Finally upgraded to 3.2 after being stuck sort of on V2 for ages this month and liking some of its new features.

I'm looking to make a few changes come the EOFY, one of which is changing my invoicing cycle so instead of invoices being sent 14 days before a service is due I'd like to change it to 30 days. Now I think with V2 from memory if you did this it wasn't smart enough to realise this had been done and would not invoice for services in the gap you create between 14 and 30 days. Does Blesta 3.2 know how to deal with this? 

2 answers to this question

In v2 it sort of worked, but the issue was more to do with invoicing 30 days in advance when some months have less than 30 days. It's why by default v2 invoiced 26 days in advance.

In v3, the way everything is calculated has been greatly improved, and you should have no problem switching your "Invoice Days Before Renewal" setting from 14 to 30, or anything else. The only issue you'll find is that if someone orders a monthly service, they'll be invoiced again for the 2nd month pretty much right away -- since it's 30 days in advance. That's how it's expected to work, but depending on what you're selling, some customers may think they are being double billed. Just something to keep in mind.