Text Messages

Bit Bayou

I'm tossing around a few ideas for a cool and useful extension to start working on.

One of the areas I've been working in lately is text messaging and automated voice prompts / calls.

I would not incorporate a huge server side component in to the picture, but is there any interest in these features for an available extension in Blesta?

It would probably be through a 3rd party API, which may have its own charges associated per message and/or per minute, but there are a lot of possible options when looking down such roads.

Just wanting to get a community opinion and maybe some ideas on how these features could maybe be implemented and actually be useful?

if i will understan your idea .

if a (new order was placed/Service Activated/new ticket/ ect ... ) a TXT message is sent to the admin phone via external API .

I was considering this option, but was also wondering if there would be any other useful options?

Verified account registration? Though email does that.

I don't know?

I was considering this option, but was also wondering if there would be any other useful options?

Verified account registration? Though email does that.

I don't know?

Verify account registration should be in case of the order is more than xxxx$ .

in this case you shoud add a setting to prohibit changing the mobile number in the clients area unless to some moderation or verification manually .

also the message should use for some case the clients credit .

but,  normally , this should for admin use ,.

I'm not sure, will consider further... Twilio makes it pretty easy though https://www.twilio.com/voice/api

We considered doing this with Twilio, or a native Asterisk server for making payments by phone, verifying orders (Call the customer, ask them to enter a code into the order form), and more. We haven't had time to fully vet things, but Twilio appears to be a very useful service.

We considered doing this with Twilio, or a native Asterisk server for making payments by phone, verifying orders (Call the customer, ask them to enter a code into the order form), and more. We haven't had time to fully vet things, but Twilio appears to be a very useful service.

I may have to look in to payments by phone, using Twilio.

I'll be in contact with them, to verify the security enabled and offered by their service, to see if this is a recommended option. Will go from there! :)

Well the quick / easy idea for using Twilio for automated payments appears to be a no go at the moment...

Unfortunately Twilio is not a PCI-compliant application platform, so we would advise against using our services in any situation where that is a requirement.

It is one of our long-term goals to be able to accomodate these use cases, but regretfully there is nothing in the short-term which will support it.

Well the quick / easy idea for using Twilio for automated payments appears to be a no go at the moment...

Well that's a bummer.

Twilio could, I believe, also be used for phone support. Call in, verify the user, call forward them to your support number. In Blesta, something could pop up for the call and you can log the call into a ticket.

Twilio could, I believe, also be used for phone support. Call in, verify the user, call forward them to your support number. In Blesta, something could pop up for the call and you can log the call into a ticket.

After briefly developing http://speakto.it because I was curious about this topic of posting recorded voice mails on Facebook and Twitter, this is definitely something doable..

I used a borrowed Mitel phone system at first and then migrated to MagicJack. These were preferred methods because paying per minute wasn't what I was trying to do for a random project.

The basic set up here was easy.. Just register the phone number to an account, and then any recorded call from that number can easily be associated with the account in question. This could easily be done in Blesta when verifying the user as mentioned. Interesting concept. 

After briefly developing http://speakto.it because I was curious about this topic of posting recorded voice mails on Facebook and Twitter, this is definitely something doable..

I used a borrowed Mitel phone system at first and then migrated to MagicJack. These were preferred methods because paying per minute wasn't what I was trying to do for a random project.

The basic set up here was easy.. Just register the phone number to an account, and then any recorded call from that number can easily be associated with the account in question. This could easily be done in Blesta when verifying the user as mentioned. Interesting concept.

interesting idea .

what about the numbers to call , every country it own number or 1 international number for all ?