Question On Services And Transactions

gutterboy

Question

Just wondering with services, are these so like you are able to bill the user for different things? Like they may be subscribed to abc service and xyz service?

If so, do these have to be used or are recommend to be used even if you only have the one service?

Also, I assume transactions are payments the user makes which keeps a record of them all?

Thanks!

9 answers to this question

You don't have to add services to a client you can just create and send the invoice like you're doing but if that service was recurring and may be linked to a module it can trigger other things to happen if the invoice hasn't been paid, they don't pay for the renewal etc. ( like a web host will cancel your hosting if you don't pay your renewal, this will happen automatically because of the services relationship with the module).

You could use recurring invoices to do similar but this still wouldn't do other things for you that a module can or for example if you have 100 customers all buying the same thing then you decide to change your price you would have to manually change all the configured recurring invoices but if it was a service you could just edit the package.

I haven't looked at the user docs for Blesta 3.x because I'd been using Blesta 2 for quite some time and not much has really changed but I would imagine it would all be in there, you probably should have a read you might find it'll do a lot for if you're billing for services that renew. If you're just using it to invoice for time or one time purchases then maybe not.