Configurable Options

ServZoo

Question

I've reviewed the documentation and can't seem to find my answer.

How exactly do the configurable options work?

This is what I'm trying to accomplish:

Dedicated Server 1 (setup as a package with a base price)

---->

Proc: {configurable group)

->Drop down for various processors (with the first one set to $0 as it will be included in the price)

->Drop down for the other options (all the same payment term.

RAM: {configurable group}

->Drop down for various RAM options (why the first one set to $0 as it will be included in the price)

...more options repeated

See screenshot (the one that is selected actually has 3 options in that group.)

What's happening is that only one configurable option for each group is showing up in the drop down. Am I doing something wrong or I am trying to use this feature incorrectly?

post-10453-0-76971400-1402779990_thumb.p

5 answers to this question

Okay, now to continue being annoying. I swear, I'm looking at the docs!

In my case, I'm trying to setup dedicated server provisioning (non-automated.) I need to be able to set values such as IP Address (upon assignment) and root login/pass, etc. The user would not need to see these fields on ordering as they can't do anything about it. How do I set that up on the backend to enter it upon provisioning?

Ideally, I would like to see some of this information come up under the service option when the client clicks it in their portal.

Just need some general direction. :) I've tried package options in both configurable options and the universal module, but they aren't showing up for me during testing.

I think I've answered my own question. It doesn't appear to be possible. Here goes getting a custom module made!

It depends on the module, I think the guys will be improving a few modules soon to work with Config options, as you can see in the MultiCraft they've made it so that you can do a lot with them straight from the box.