Package Custom Fields

snake

Question

I am using the universal module as there is no provisioning module for the control panel i am using, and it is a requirement to choose a module when adding packages.

Because of this I have to provision the packages manually on my control panel.

When doing this I need to then insert the users control panel username into the package details somewhere, but I cannot see how I would do this.

I tried using the package options in the universal module and added a "username" label, but I cannot see any place where I can then enter a value for this before activating the package for the user.

Didn't find anything helpful in the docs so far.

Can anyone advise ? thanks

13 answers to this question

I am using the universal module as there is no provisioning module for the control panel i am using, and it is a requirement to choose a module when adding packages.

Because of this I have to provision the packages manually on my control panel.

When doing this I need to then insert the users control panel username into the package details somewhere, but I cannot see how I would do this.

I tried using the package options in the universal module and added a "username" label, but I cannot see any place where I can then enter a value for this before activating the package for the user.

Didn't find anything helpful in the docs so far.

Can anyone advise ? thanks

Service fields on Universal Modules. They can enter details in them for you, you can also edit them too. We use this for licenses, except Blesta / InterWorx.

thanks, that was quick :-)

I tried what you said, and I can now see that field in the admin and can enter a value for it.

But from the client side they cannot see these fields, which I need them to as it is their control panel login details (not edit, only view)

Is this possible?

They can only see the top field so it it's important you can do that, I believe Blesta are looking for a way so we can do a table under which will show Package fields.

by that do you mean the first field(label) under service options ?

as I only have 1 field there at the moment, which is my username field, and this is not showing up in the clients service details.

Yeah, watch this little video tut mate: http://screencast.com/t/37QFRYhR  shows you how I did the Blesta licenses before)

that's great Rodrigo, can't believe you solved this in less than 24 hrs :-) that is a great service.

will this be in the next release, or will this patch need to always be applied manually ?

I would also like to put the control panel url in here as a hard coded value, but putting it in the "values" field doesn't seem to work, is there another way to do this ?

So I get what the Services options are used for now, and it seems I can use this universal module to call a http api that will do my provisioning for me at some point. But could someone explain what the package options do and how these differ from the service options, thanks.

Service options are shown to the client when ordering a service. They can pick and choose what they want from those options. Package options are typically used to let only admins choose options of a product to make available in a package.

Rodrigo's work-around is a 3rd-party change, and is not included in Blesta. You would need to edit and overwrite files as he described in that thread, and maintain them through updates from Blesta.

oh, I thought as Blesta was open source, community contributions could be added into the core, is that not the case then ?

I hate having to make code changes after every update, too much chance that you might forget, had enough of that with WHMCS :-)

Blesta's not open source software. However, the codebase is 99% open (unencoded).

I agree making changes to the code after every update is a pain. Blesta supports independent extensions (modules, gateways, plugins), so it is possible to create stand-alone features in some respects. If you'd like to modify core code in Blesta without worrying about having to merge files after every update, you may want to look into doing so with vQmod.

I am still having a bit of an issue with this.

If I set the custom field to type=text, then it is displayed to the user allowing them to fill in values, which I don't want as it is ME who needs to fill in these values when I accept the order.

But if I set them to type=hidden, then they do not show up in the staff area either, so I cannot even enter values for them.

Is there any way round this ?

I am still having a bit of an issue with this.

If I set the custom field to type=text, then it is displayed to the user allowing them to fill in values, which I don't want as it is ME who needs to fill in these values when I accept the order.

But if I set them to type=hidden, then they do not show up in the staff area either, so I cannot even enter values for them.

Is there any way round this ?

Nope unless you keep it as text, I put (Provided after) on my universal labels.