More Tutorials Please

dazeck

Question

I am a little disappointed with the lack of details on how to do things in Blesta.  I don't want to do much ie register domains so I found http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Selling+Domains

nothing there.

Can't get paypal working with a sandbox account and can't find any details on how to get it working as well.

I'm new to this, I have no experience of WHMCS or Blesta etc, but after googling I found out to avoid WHMCS so I tried Blesta, but It's not proving very friendly.

Can someone point me to some proper tutorials on getting started.

Thanks

15 answers to this question

I am using namecheap and getting errors with the module, I checked the log and posted the request to namecheap who tried it for me and said the issue is with Blesta as the request worked ok when they tried it directly.

Issue with paypal is I can appear to pay but it doesn't mark the invoice as paid within Blesta.

It appears that I have put a lot of effort in with Blesta and got nowhere at all.

I am using namecheap and getting errors with the module, I checked the log and posted the request to namecheap who tried it for me and said the issue is with Blesta as the request worked ok when they tried it directly.

Issue with paypal is I can appear to pay but it doesn't mark the invoice as paid within Blesta.

It appears that I have put a lot of effort in with Blesta and got nowhere at all.

Do you have your primary email address in PayPal configured in Blesta under Settings > Company > Payment Gateways > PayPal? It needs to be your primary email address.

Also, try checking the logs under Tools > Logs, you can click the result to show the raw input/output. This usually helps identify the issue.. but for PayPal, it usually has to do with the wrong email address used.

I don't believe it's a issue with Blesta's module, I know a few people on the forum here who use their module. I would check for you if it works for me but they can't give me access.

Daria N.:
You can enable API access if you have 20 domain names with us or you have made purchases for at least 50USD for last 2 years or your account balance is 50 USD.

You need to enable the IPN connection on PayPal and you'd need to do this little effort on any billing system.. It's what tells PayPal how to send the information home. It's not required for Blesta as it automatically should detect it but but some times it doesn't work and doesn't mark it paid. Been there done that.

IPN url: yourdomain.com/callback/gw/paypal_payments_standard/

I am using sandbox for namecheap for now, it gives you £9000 to spend.  Anyone can set it up for free.  I have ticked the sandbox option in the namecheap blesta module.

Can't try paypal at the moment, I get a Service Temporarily Unavailable message.  Maintenance or capacity problems.

Sorry, I've given Blesta a try and am now uninstalling it.  Just google blesta tutorials, you get a link to 2 videos, great if you want to learn how to upgrade or install the product.  Well installation was easy as I used Softaculous, so thats the end of the tutorials as far as I'm concerned.

I google whmcs tutorials and they have about 30.  They dont offer a trial but they do offer a money back if I'm not satisfied, so time to try them I suppose.

Goodbye Blesta, I had high hopes for you but at this rate my trial will have expired before I even get the thing configured.

Sorry, I've given Blesta a try and am now uninstalling it.  Just google blesta tutorials, you get a link to 2 videos, great if you want to learn how to upgrade or install the product.  Well installation was easy as I used Softaculous, so thats the end of the tutorials as far as I'm concerned.

I google whmcs tutorials and they have about 30.  They dont offer a trial but they do offer a money back if I'm not satisfied, so time to try them I suppose.

Goodbye Blesta, I had high hopes for you but at this rate my trial will have expired before I even get the thing configured.

Lol bye have fun *cough* exploits *cough* bad accounting anyway if you really wanted to see videos you might of heard about http://videos.blesta.com or on the Blesta website click videos. Bye!

From the blesta website, I click Help, I choose Video tutorials and I get

http://tutorials.blesta.com/

With 2 videos.  So No, I hadn't heard of http://videos.blesta.com/  I'm not a mind reader.  In fact, I would love you to tell me how you got there without knowing the link.

Maybe I'm the only one who knew it :s. I've known that link since Blesta 2.5 as it was where all the 3.0 videos to make us hungry waiting for it. 

PS: Googling "Blesta+Videos" and you get the link straight away.

They are all on the Blesta Blog as-well: http://www.blesta.com/category/developer-corner/

Sorry, I googled blesta tutorials not blesta videos.  Anyway, I did like Blesta just couldn't cope with not knowing what I was doing and the lack of tutorials and/or videos.  Typical you point me to the videos after I'd uninstalled Blesta. Well I re-installed and got a lot further now.  I am persevering some more with it now and getting a lot further.  I know you don't work for Blesta, but you may have just earned them another purchase in 25 days time.  Lets see how far I get.

Thanks for your help.

More needs to be done in way of documentation, but people will always have questions and need help. This community has been pretty good about helping people get started and long term you'll be a lot better off with Blesta.

If there's anything we can do for you, please let us know. Also, if you need more time on your trial when it's closer to expiring just send me a PM and we'll extend it for you.

Sorry, I googled blesta tutorials not blesta videos.  Anyway, I did like Blesta just couldn't cope with not knowing what I was doing and the lack of tutorials and/or videos.  Typical you point me to the videos after I'd uninstalled Blesta. Well I re-installed and got a lot further now.  I am persevering some more with it now and getting a lot further.  I know you don't work for Blesta, but you may have just earned them another purchase in 25 days time.  Lets see how far I get.

Thanks for your help.

You mainly was looking for help with Namecheap and PayPal, I didn't know you was looking for videos to watch, but we are here for you if you need us. But we will need more information on what you need help with as we're not mind readers  :rolleyes: haha sorry :D.