Are Blank Values Disregarded With The Api?

gutterboy

I'm just wondering when you're using the API and you're creating a client for example....... according to the docs, if you pass in a state you must also pass in a country.

So if I passed in for example a blank state, would it still require the country or is it treated the same as not passing in anything for the state?

Thanks!

I'm just wondering when you're using the API and you're creating a client for example....... according to the docs, if you pass in a state you must also pass in a country.

So if I passed in for example a blank state, would it still require the country or is it treated the same as not passing in anything for the state?

Thanks!

country is a required field, so passing state empty or not , will return a error as country is not set .

- state The 3-character ISO 3166-2 subdivision code, requires country (optional)
- country The 3-character ISO 3166-1 country code, required if state is given (optional) 

Looks like you already figured it out, but it should be noted that fields that mention dependency on another if 'given' refer to even passing in the field, regardless of its value.