Adding Service Gets An Oh Noes

garybarr

Question

I know it's something I've done somewhere that is stupid... But for the life of me, I can't find out where, so any advice on where to look is appreciated....

When I add a service to an existing customer, I confirm it and get the attached Oh Noes error screen.  It DOES create the service, but it doesn't email me/customer, nor does it create a bill for the service.   So something between those functions is causing the problem, but for the life of me, can't find where I've screwed up.

Any advice?

If you need to see any other screens, I'll be glad to attach them.

post-7766-0-98543300-1412558380_thumb.pn

7 answers to this question

I've narrowed it down to if I add any of these tags:  {module.*} {package.*} {service.*}

it will give that error in a variety of ways, depending on which I use.  I don't understand what I am doing wrong, I am wanting it to display the service the customer is getting.  So I'm confused on why that would cause it to Oh Noes, or how I would know not to use that in the email if it isn't suppose to be used.

I've narrowed it down to if I add any of these tags:  {module.*} {package.*} {service.*}

It doesn't look like all those tags are available on the service creation template. On my installation it says these are the only available tags: {contact.first_name} {contact.last_name} {package.email_html} {package.email_text}. You probably want to use the package email template (welcome email) which can be found by editing the package.

All my packages (Existing and if I add a new one) always have the email area blank.  Should there be a template when I make a new package?   I remember there used to be in old version, but it no longer has those.

What are you trying to sell? You can see most of the tags for cPanel, InterWorx, SolusVM here: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/223-welcome-email-for-hosting/

You can see everything else on the documentation: http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Modules

the  * represents a tag which can be used. you can use {debug} end yourself an email to get everything you can use in the template

it will give that error in a variety of ways, depending on which I use.  I don't understand what I am doing wrong, I am wanting it to display the service the customer is getting.  So I'm confused on why that would cause it to Oh Noes, or how I would know not to use that in the email if it isn't suppose to be used.

I believe those tags (e.g. {module.*}) are from the Universal Module as apart of a package Welcome email. The Welcome email does not know what fields you have created for a product, and so it cannot display any of the actual fields. The asterisk (*) in the tag denotes "all", meaning that you can use any of the fields you created for the Universal Module product. The tag (e.g. {module.*}) should not be used as written, because the asterisk does not represent a usable tag.

There's more in the documentation for the Universal Module, but you can also take a look at an example here.