Order Number: Offline Payments Module

Brashquido

Hi Guys,

When a customer completes an order using the offline payments module, the confirmation page includes a unique order number such as below;

"Order #5442843c24a0a"

This order number is not searchable from withing Blesta and makes no other appearance other than on the confirmation page from what I can find.

By definition, an order number is a unique (which it is) and traceable (which it is not) reference to the order which has just been completed. Can this order number either be made searchable within Blesta (referring back to the invoice number or even being replaced by the invoice number perhaps?) or removed altogether from the order confirmation page?

As it stands it is only going to cause confusion for clients. Also doesn't do anything for the polish of the services I am offering if I have to explain to clients that the order number they were provided with does not actually correlate back to any purchase within the billing system. 

• 2 weeks later...

The reason you can't find the order number in Blesta's search is due to it being related to the Order plugin. The Order plugin doesn't provide search functionality (maybe it should), so you couldn't find it from there.

However, you can find it in the order widget. Under [billing] -> [Overview], an Orders widget is available. If you don't already have that enabled, you should click to "Manage Widgets" and add it to your billing overview dashboard. It will list orders that are pending, accepted, etc., and will show the order number you're looking for, which is what the client sees on the confirmation page.