Question About "client Trials" With Module/plugin License Manager

serge

Question

I'm studying the module/plugin license manager

my idea is to offer  
-trial software version with 2 weeks term, at 0.00 price (& cancelled at end of term) & with license validated only by used domain
-paid software version with one time term, at xx.xx price & with license only validated only by used domain

So I created 1 package for each of above case.

So according to the documentation, for the trial case I'm using "Client Trials",

I will be interested to know if the "system" will block new customer to use Trial version that was ever associated with given domain.

By the way, I'm afraid of customers using Trial software version, and after End of trial term, customer create an other Blesta account using a new email address, & but still for same domain where Software trial version will be still used....so will this customer will be blocked at licence validation/check?

4 answers to this question

There are 2 cases here.

Anonymous Trials

If an additional trial key is requested within 90 days for the same domain, the same trial key will be returned. If it's expired, it will not work. If it has been more than 90 days, then a new trial will be issued. This should be a configurable option, but it's not. You can adjust it in /plugins/license_manager/controllers/trial.php. Look toward the bottom of the file for "-90 days", and adjust accordingly.

Client Trials

This is when you have the client sign up for a trial and they have a user account. In this case, nothing is preventing them from signing up for additional trials.

Thanks for info!

Regarding "Anonymous Trials", I did read the documentation here:

Anonymous trials are always provisioned to the same client account, and can only be configured for a single package price point.

To request an anonymous trial license key, simply POST the 'domain' to https://domain.com/path_to_blesta/plugin/license_manager/.

Settings that control anonymous trial options are found in ./config/license_manager.php

- **LicenseManager.trial_length** - A string representing the length the trial is active (default "30 days"). When a trail is provisioned it will automatically be scheduled for cancellation date based on this setting.
	- **LicenseManager.trial_client_id** - The client ID all trials will be provisioned under.
	- **LicenseManager.trial_package_pricing_id** - The ID of the package pricing ID that identifies the package for anonymous trials.
	- **LicenseManager.trial_package_group_id** - The ID of the package group that the pricing ID belongs to.

Question 1/

As I will having up-to 5 softwares kind having each a trial version, at seeing content here : /config/license_manager.php

I was assuming I should create separate /config/license_manager.php files, file (with unique name) by software kind, it's correct?

Question 2/

I saw this sentense in the docs:

"POST the 'domain' to https://domain.com/path_to_blesta/plugin/license_manager/"

So, will it be such URL structure to generate:

https://domain.com/path_to_blesta/plugin/license_manager?domainx.com       ?

Question 3/

I saw there is parameters ID in /config/license_manager.php

- regarding customer ID, as here it's about Anonymous Trials, from where come this ID, what are we supposing to fill?

- can ID parameter be POST ?   like   :

https://domain.com/path_to_blesta/plugin/license_manager&domainx.com&trial_package_pricing_id=7&trial_package_group_id&3