Cpanel Configurable Options

dubjuice

Question

I added a configurable option for users to add additonal disk space to their hosting packages.  The form/billing works, however is there any way that the cpanel module can actually provision this or do i have to manually add the disk space to each account? Also I guess the same question if they remove the added option. 

3 answers to this question

I added a configurable option for users to add additonal disk space to their hosting packages.  The form/billing works, however is there any way that the cpanel module can actually provision this or do i have to manually add the disk space to each account? Also I guess the same question if they remove the added option.

this is the fucntion that you need to add it to your module .

https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/SDK/WHM+API+1+-+editquota

but i never has done any work like this , but what i can imagine as a solution .

you need to create a separate module that handle the qouta edition . and make it as addons, once is paid the module will run the addservice() function that should use the edit qouta .

ok so i guess then the next question is whether there is a way to create a specific alert based on if a users selects advanced configurable options so that a provisioning admin can be alerted to manually modify the hosting package in cpanel.  I know that the system generates emails for new accounts etc, but it would be nice to have a short provisioning email generated with just the account information and what options need to be added to it. 

In an automated hosting environment you may not want to review ever single new account provisioning when its being automatically billed etc and only want to see the anomolies that you actually need to do something additional for.