Unable To Enter Cpanel/whm Packages

Rick

Question

Hello, I just installed Blesta and I am very impressed with the ease of the installation. 

Ran into one problem, I can not find reference to it in the manuals...I would appreciate any help I can get on this ....

When trying to build a hosting package I have defined the cPanel module and relate it to an existing cPanel/WHM package but the cPanel Package dropdown menu is empty.  I have gone over all attributes and docs, can't seem to locate the error...help!

e.g.,  

• Server Group Any Group 1 
  • Server cpanel Server 1 
  • cPanel Package   <============ this is empty ... it should have at least 3 packages that are predefined in cPanel/WHM on the site.  
  •  

thanks, 

9 answers to this question

thank-you for your suggestions....

I have checked the cPanel parms..they seem OK  & tried ANY ... still no luck.

SSL is unchecked, intentionally, since I am not running SSL while the site is under development.

I am wondering if the Blesta code expects SSL on? 

thank-you for your suggestions....

I have checked the cPanel parms..they seem OK  & tried ANY ... still no luck.

SSL is unchecked, intentionally, since I am not running SSL while the site is under development.

I am wondering if the Blesta code expects SSL on? 

Your cPanel will still be "Self Signed" so SSL would be fine, it's recommended to have it. But are you a "Reseller" or a VPS owner?

Dean, all Basic settings (including the remote key) seem to be fine - it edits successfully.   If the Hash was wrong wouldn't it fail the edit update?  I did refresh the WHM hash remote key again, just to be safe.

Tyron, I read through the thread and watched the vid.  nothing out of wack that I could see.   I will check the module logs next.

My plan is to turn on SSL once I get the site ready for production.  If you think this is causing the problem, please let me know.

All suggestions & help appreciated - thanks!

I would check the API call for "listpkgs" first. Simply go to add a package, select cPanel for the module, and the packages should try to load by making an API request. Then check your module logs to see what Blesta receives. It should give some insight into what's going on. For instance, it could be that cPanel is not returning any packages, which is why none are displayed in Blesta. If that's the case, then there is some configuration issue in cPanel (e.g. user privileges or incorrect package configuration) that would need to be looked into.

You can post the API response here if you'd like. Feel free to redact any sensitive information.