Blesta Integration Options

jwogrady

Question

I'm exploring my options for integrating Blesta into a website. Here are the options I've considered.

OPTION #1*

WordPress Integration - A wordpress standalone site acts as a gateway to the Blesta Portal.

What's needed to do it right? 

-  Ability to pull product categories, products, and payment links out of Blesta.

-  Ability to share WordPress and account data for Single Sign-on and account management.

Possible Approaches:

- Create a Single Sign On Bridge

- Create Wordpress Catalog Module

* I assume this would work for any "off the shelf" CMS package.

OPTION #2

Create a fully featured CMS Plugin for Blesta

- ability to build a navigation and page structure within Blesta.

- perhaps a separate module for a blog

OPTION #3

Create a custom Blesta Wrapper site.

-  assumes blesta is used for user management and permission roles.

-  assumes blesta is the product database

-  need a non-customer user role.  (I'm sure this already exists)

-  perhaps use OAuth account creation and authentication so folks can create an account and sign in with Twitter.

I'm not sure #3 is substantially different from option #1.

These are the options I'm exploring.  Would love to hear feedback on what's out there already and strategies that are working for you.

5 answers to this question

Option 1: Can be done but you'll need a plugin for the login to use the Shared Login plugin to connect to Wordpress and Blesta.

You can hire a integration company to make blesta look like your wordpress.

if you want wordpress + blesta together you will need to use the Blesta API (what we do to grab prices etc, and that could be costly.

I recommend ModulesBakery if you would like help doing that.

@Licensecart, ModulesBakery is a good lead.  A google searched also turned up these guys who are trying to build a WP bridge....

http://www.alltoolkits.com/toolprofile/wordpress-blesta-bridge

I'm really trying to get off  WP and the cPanel/php stack.  Developing WP plugins for WP seems to me to be a step in the wrong direction... but may indeed be faster.

Do you see any substantial differences or advantages to #3?   I'm looking for you Python/Django, Python/Flask, Ruby on Rails, or perhaps even you Meteor guys that figured out how to coexist in php/whm/cpanel world.

@Licensecart, ModulesBakery is a good lead.  A google searched also turned up these guys who are trying to build a WP bridge....

http://www.alltoolkits.com/toolprofile/wordpress-blesta-bridge

I'm really trying to get off  WP and the cPanel/php stack.  Developing WP plugins for WP seems to me to be a step in the wrong direction... but may indeed be faster.

Do you see any substantial differences or advantages to #3?   I'm looking for you Python/Django, Python/Flask, Ruby on Rails, or perhaps even you Meteor guys that figured out how to coexist in php/whm/cpanel world.

That's good I've not tried it though: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2657-blesta-bridgealphad-download/?hl=alltoolkit

I don't use any of them and only use InterWorx, PHP 5.4, MySQL.