Support Manager + Attachment

10RUPTiV

Question

4 answers to this question

Attachments are supported, please ensure that your uploads directory is set and is writable. Settings > System > General > Basic Setup > Uploads Directory. This directory must be writable by your web server, cron user, and email server user. Also, ensure that you have the following directories inside the upload directory

Assumes your uploads directory is at say /var/www/uploads/ (Be sure to start and end with a forward slash /)

/var/www/uploads/

/var/www/uploads/1 (1 here is for company ID 1, if you have 1 company, that is this one)

/var/www/uploads/1/support_manager_files (This is where support attachments go)

/var/www/uploads/system (For system use)

A link to any/all attachments will appear in the ticket for the reply they were attached to. Attachments are not however emailed out to staff or clients, but only downloadable in the UI. This is due to the potentially sensitive nature of attachments. But attachments can be emailed in.

Attachments are supported, please ensure that your uploads directory is set and is writable. Settings > System > General > Basic Setup > Uploads Directory. This directory must be writable by your web server, cron user, and email server user. Also, ensure that you have the following directories inside the upload directory

Assumes your uploads directory is at say /var/www/uploads/ (Be sure to start and end with a forward slash /)

/var/www/uploads/

/var/www/uploads/1 (1 here is for company ID 1, if you have 1 company, that is this one)

/var/www/uploads/1/support_manager_files (This is where support attachments go)

/var/www/uploads/system (For system use)

A link to any/all attachments will appear in the ticket for the reply they were attached to. Attachments are not however emailed out to staff or clients, but only downloadable in the UI. This is due to the potentially sensitive nature of attachments. But attachments can be emailed in.

i've set it like your instruction.

But mine still error. btw, how about the perms ? 777 / 755 / 644 ?

i've set it like your instruction.

But mine still error. btw, how about the perms ? 777 / 755 / 644 ?

It really depends on the owner of the directory and the user writing the attachment. If you're having trouble, try setting the directories to 777 and see if it works. You can always back off on the permissions to 755 or 775 after that and stick with the permissions that are least open that work for you.