Splitting A Multi-Company Instance

Squidix Web Hosting

Question

6 answers to this question

There's a lot to consider. We have future plans to implement a Blesta -> Blesta importer for this purpose. This would allow people to move companies between installations, so addon -> standalone, or addon -> addon, or standalone -> addon, just moving companies. It isn't very high on the priority list at the moment though, so I don't have an ETA for you.

There's a lot to consider. We have future plans to implement a Blesta -> Blesta importer for this purpose. This would allow people to move companies between installations, so addon -> standalone, or addon -> addon, or standalone -> addon, just moving companies. It isn't very high on the priority list at the moment though, so I don't have an ETA for you.

Any reason I can't just pull from the database by company ID and make a new database?

Or clone the entire thing, then delete the companies I don't need in each instance.

Any reason I can't just pull from the database by company ID and make a new database?

Or clone the entire thing, then delete the companies I don't need in each instance.

You can clone it, and delete the companies you don't want sure. You'll just have data from the other companies hidden in the database, but if it's all your data, and you aren't selling one of the companies to a 3rd party then I suppose it doesn't matter too much.

You can clone it, and delete the companies you don't want sure. You'll just have data from the other companies hidden in the database, but if it's all your data, and you aren't selling one of the companies to a 3rd party then I suppose it doesn't matter too much.

I'd need it to be clean.

But presumably everything attaches to a company at some point, even if I have to do join queries to link everything back to the company, I guess I can do it.