Support Dept Email Notification Configurations Needed

DarrenShakes

The ability to be assigned to a specific support department but configure the specific updates to receive from it is needed.

- Assigned dept, no email updates

- Assigned dept, admin reply email updates

- Assigned dept, client reply email updates

- Assigned dept, internal notes email updates

- Assigned dept, receive ticket status change email updates

- Assigned dept, receive updates only on TICKETS ASSIGNED TO USER or ALL tickets

Right now the support system as is seems to be hardly usable for a company with 10+ support staff, dedicated billing staff, dedicated provisioning staff, etc and hundreds of tickets opened per week.

The "user contribution" of "Support Plus" mod helps but this is still needed, as well as the ability to filter tickets by department, ticket status, etc.

Pretty urgent if you want to get some larger hosting companies using Blesta.

You should get a look at how the Ubersmith support system works for tips of improving yours or at least develop a real and seamless integration for the SirPortly (www.sirportly.com) support system to take the task of building a proper support desk off your hands.

The ability to be assigned to a specific support department but configure the specific updates to receive from it is needed.

- Assigned dept, no email updates

- Assigned dept, admin reply email updates

- Assigned dept, client reply email updates

- Assigned dept, internal notes email updates

- Assigned dept, receive ticket status change email updates

- Assigned dept, receive updates only on TICKETS ASSIGNED TO USER or ALL tickets

Right now the support system as is seems to be hardly usable for a company with 10+ support staff, dedicated billing staff, dedicated provisioning staff, etc and hundreds of tickets opened per week.

The "user contribution" of "Support Plus" mod helps but this is still needed, as well as the ability to filter tickets by department, ticket status, etc.

Pretty urgent if you want to get some larger hosting companies using Blesta.

You should get a look at how the Ubersmith support system works for tips of improving yours or at least develop a real and seamless integration for the SirPortly (www.sirportly.com) support system to take the task of building a proper support desk off your hands.

You could try my Support Manager Pro Plugin there is some new features and more improvment from the original. 

http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2001-support-manager-pro-tickets-delete-merge-spam-multiple-tickets/

You can also modify complitly your Support Manager Plugin, just ask a developper to do it  :blesta:

I have see it that you take a peak :P

You do get assigned department emails I had one.

pobjkj09.png

You also get emails when someone replies but you need to tick the boxes in the Staff section of the support manager:

Low, Medium, Critical tick boxes, etc.

I think what he means is not "Assigned" to a STAFF :)

What he wants is to be able to select several option on each department

exemple:

The staff "John Doe", assigned the "Department 1" and only check the options "no email updates", to not recive any email updates.

The staff "Susan Carol", assigned the "Department 2" and only check the options "receive ticket status change email updates", to only recive by email, notifications only wen the status is changed

etc..

I think what he means is not "Assigned" to a STAFF :)

What he wants is to be able to select several option on each department

exemple:

The staff "John Doe", assigned the "Department 1" and only check the options "no email updates", to not recive any email updates.

The staff "Susan Carol", assigned the "Department 2" and only check the options "receive ticket status change email updates", to only recive by email, notifications only wen the status is changed

etc..

I don't think that's a needed thing but a optional thing but I don't think it's good :P

I don't think that's a needed thing but a optional thing but I don't think it's good :P

Its needed for big operations. There is absolutely no way the current support desk is usable for anything other than tiny company's with tiny staff amounts and shared responsibilities.

So is Blesta for tiny companies or do they want to get proper usage? If they dont want to invest the time for proper management of support, they need to have real 3rd party integration for support desks; otherwise Blesta becomes useless as a whole.

Its needed for big operations. There is absolutely no way the current support desk is usable for anything other than tiny company's with tiny staff amounts and shared responsibilities.

So is Blesta for tiny companies or do they want to get proper usage? If they dont want to invest the time for proper management of support, they need to have real 3rd party integration for support desks; otherwise Blesta becomes useless as a whole.

I wouldn't say a big company has one staff for certain tickets... oh wait I don't need to work until one is assigned to me.

I wouldn't say a big company has one staff for certain tickets... oh wait I don't need to work until one is assigned to me.

Thats exactly what happens actually, especially when staff are assigned to specific departments only.

Remember, these are just employees, most of them will only do the work that is assigned to them, not more.

Thats exactly what happens actually, especially when staff are assigned to specific departments only.

Remember, these are just employees, most of them will only do the work that is assigned to them, not more.

Well most companies I've worked for have teams in a department which share the work load not sit on their ass until someone tells them to do it.