Change Directadmin Server

hpno

Question

6 answers to this question

If 2 servers in 2 groups, there is no dropdown like you said. But when putting 2 servers in one group, then yes, I have that dropdown. Is that easier not to filter by group?

And it seems there is a bug there with 2 servers in 1 group. If I setup 2 servers in one group, let's say server A has A1, A2 plans; and server B has B1 plan; both in group C. Then when setting up package, in Modules Options, I chosen group C. However, only DirectAdmin plans A1, A2 show up, B1 plan is not there. Also, only the IP of server A shows up.

So, next time, I want to setup a service with B1 plan, it will be setup with wrong plan and IP.

There isn't a method by which to change the module row (server) of a specific service in Blesta. You could have a separate package in Blesta, and change them over to that other package which is on the other server.

If all the service data is the same, and all that is changing is the server you have the account on, then you could update the module row associated with the service, but that would require an update to a record in the database. In Blesta, you can go to the module's configuration page under [settings] -> [Modules] -> [installed] -> [DirectAdmin] -> (manage). Hover over the "Edit" link for the server that you moved the account to, and your browser should show the URL. At the end of the URL is a number. That number is the module row ID. Make note of that number.

Then head over to manage the service under the client's profile. Hover over the "Manage" link next to the service, and at the end of the URL is the service ID. Make note of that number. Then make a backup of your database. In the database, find that service ID from the `services` table, and update the `module_row_id` column of that record to the module row ID you noted earlier.

After that you can head over to manage the service in Blesta to double-check it is able to communicate with the server. Take a look at the Whois tab, for example, which will query the server for contact information. If valid contact information is shown on the page, then it's working correctly.