Sql Issues...

EidolonHost

Question

So,

New install and all. I recently started setting it all up again on a new server. Fresh database with one customer in it.

Fortunately, I was able to shove through the payment receipt to the billing system before it died off again. However... this keeps happening every time I try sending a client e-mail.

Specifically,

Oh noes!

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away on line 124 in /home/user/web/domain.com/public_html/billing/lib/model.php

Printing Stack Trace:
#0 /home/user/web/domain.com/public_html/billing/lib/model.php(124): PDOStatement->execute(Array)
#1 /home/user/web/domain.com/public_html/billing/components/record/record.php(669): Model->query('SELECT COUNT(*)...', Array)
#2 /home/user/web/domain.com/public_html/billing/components/record/record.php(760): Record->fetch()
#3 /home/user/web/domain.com/public_html/billing/app/app_model.php(0): Record->numResults()
#4 [internal function]: AppModel->validateExists('1', 'id', 'companies')
#5 /home/user/web/domain.com/public_html/billing/components/input/input.php(478): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#6 /home/user/web/domain.com/public_html/billing/components/input/input.php(317): Input->validateRule('company_id', Array, '1', 'company_id')
#7 /home/user/web/domain.com/public_html/billing/app/models/logs.php(91): Input->validates(Array)
#8 /home/user/web/domain.com/public_html/billing/components/email/email.php(281): Logs->addEmail(Array)
#9 /home/user/web/domain.com/public_html/billing/components/email/email.php(244): Email->log(Array)
#10 /home/user/web/domain.com/public_html/billing/app/models/emails.php(755): Email->send()
#11 /home/user/web/domain.com/public_html/billing/app/models/emails.php(638): Emails->sendEmail(Object(stdClass))
#12 /home/user/web/domain.com/public_html/billing/app/controllers/admin_clients.php(1355): Emails->sendCustom('sales@eidolonho...', 'Sales', '...', 'New Service Act...', Array, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, Array)
#13 /home/user/web/domain.com/public_html/billing/lib/dispatcher.php(111): AdminClients->email()
#14 /home/user/web/domain.com/public_html/billing/index.php(21): Dispatcher::dispatch('/billing/admin/...')
#15 {main}

How do resolve? Google has billions of different results and I hate working with SQL. :P

Ah, I shoulda done a search including Blesta. Will post back results shortly... *mumbles*

Let's see if raising the wait timeout fixes the issues... *more mumbles*

MySQL status via CLI shows:

mysql> status
--------------
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.43, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 6.3

Connection id:          214
Current database:
Current user:           root@localhost
SSL:                    Not in use
Current pager:          stdout
Using outfile:          ''
Using delimiter:        ;
Server version:         5.5.43-0ubuntu0.14.04.1 (Ubuntu)
Protocol version:       10
Connection:             Localhost via UNIX socket
Server characterset:    latin1
Db     characterset:    latin1
Client characterset:    utf8
Conn.  characterset:    utf8
UNIX socket:            /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
Uptime:                 19 min 30 sec

Threads: 1  Questions: 4568  Slow queries: 0  Opens: 299  Flush tables: 1  Open tables: 292  Queries per second avg: 3.904
--------------

3 answers to this question

What was the timeout before, and what did you change it to? Was it taking a long time to send client emails out?

30, to 2400. And it was. Or rather, it seemed the server was fine, at least up until I went to try sending the e-mail out. Then it had gone away. I'm not entirely sure what happened for it to go away... but this seems to have fixed the issue.