Auto Debit: How To Keep It On For Service, But Not For Manual Invoices?

jjsararas

Question

I have clients with service running that I auto debit them for every month. But for one-off work, I want to invoice them for deposit and not automatically debit their credit card.

I'm thinking I have to turn-off auto debit for that client, generate the one-off invoice, then turn auto debit back on. Is this best/only way to accomplish this?

3 answers to this question

I do not know if blesta support it and how to do,, but I think at gateway side you need to pass by these 2 transaction status:

1/ authorization

2/ capture:

Only when you want to get paid

A gateway explanation here:

https://support.cybersource.com/cybskb/index?page=content&id=C35&actp=RSS

But also think, that invoice should only be passed as paid when being really paid, and not when there was "caputure", mostlly at shopping cart side it's match to a pending or on hold status.

I'm thinking I have to turn-off auto debit for that client, generate the one-off invoice, then turn auto debit back on. Is this best/only way to accomplish this?

Yes, or by creating another account for that client for the purposes of manual invoices that should not be auto debited.

I would like to add a method by which a specific invoice can be made exempt for auto debit. This option could be selected during invoice creation or edit and would prevent auto debit from running against it. If this sounds good, please start a feature request thread so we can get some feedback from the community and plan the feature.