Ability To Override Term Rather Than Only Price.

Price overrides are a pain when you need to change terms, because you first have to change the package/pricing, whatever you want to call it, then do the override.

Moreover, you can't override to a term that's not available with the package. So if 1 person wants X billing cycle, you have to add a X billing option to the package, which in some cases is not doable.

+1 - overriding any portion/details of a package should be possible during addition of package and also NOT AFTER a client has had it added/emailed/activated to their account with the wrong info being displayed at first -- just causes tons of confuses and complaints.

+1 - overriding any portion/details of a package should be possible during addition of package and also NOT AFTER a client has had it added/emailed/activated to their account with the wrong info being displayed at first -- just causes tons of confuses and complaints.

We've written a patch to allow price override on creation.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is somewhat complicated because services even with price overrides are linked to a package pricing ID, which defines the term and the package. So, setting a term override will necessarily require that the pricing ID not be required but still maintain a link to the Package.

If you have written a patch to add this functionality, I'd like the guys to be able to take a look at it, please post it here.

I agree that the term and price should both be able to be overriden, even when adding the service initially as an admin.. but I need Cody to look at this and determine the best approach.

If you have written a patch to add this functionality, I'd like the guys to be able to take a look at it, please post it here.

No patch.

I did notice the architectural issue which is why this was low on my list, but it's very necessary. There's no good workaround.

I don't see any reason not to add an override column for cycle, just like is currently done with price.

• 1 month later...