Why Do Inactive Packages Still Show Up (In Fact, Default Selected Option) When Adding Service?

Fantasma

If a package is -inactive- why are we forced to still deal with it in the Add Service drop-down?

Its not exactly "inactive" if its in my face every time I add a service... Might as well call it, "Classified as Inactive, you don't have any active services, open invoices, or anything pending related to it - but its still going to be forced on you - not only undeleteable from the system, but also shoved in your face and in your drop downs every chance it gets"

Can inactive packages really be inactive and not be seen when trying to Add New Services ... please.

Only shows in the admin area that I'm aware of so you can re-use them, we do inactive packages for non available packages and we set restricted packages for special packages so only certain customers can have them. Is this a feature request or a support / question? 

Inactive packages cannot be ordered, but staff can still put people on them if they like, without having to grant the client access to a restricted package.

The way I see it we could do one of the following:

1. Leave it as-is.

2. Create a "soft delete" option for Packages, to make them disappear forever.

3. Hide all inactive packages (unless/except the client is using that one and you are editing the service)

4. Add a setting whether to display inactive packages or not.

Given that much of the conversation lately around Blesta has been to open things up so that staff have more control, and not less control, I'd go with #1 or #2. #2 if the goal is to remove packages from ever being seen again.

I'd go with #4, personally. It just makes sense to do it that way because you could potentially confuse newcomers to Blesta with the soft delete option, which might make them think they're deleting it permanently.

You just know it's going to happen. Best to go with #4, to be safe.

A combination of #3 and #4 are the best, because "soft delete" sounds like you cant even edit an active service, if the package has been marked as inactive... which is nuts too.

You need to not have them available - they are inactive, done, dead for a reason -- but you need to still be able to modify active services that have them!

A combination of #3 and #4 are the best, because "soft delete" sounds like you cant even edit an active service, if the package has been marked as inactive... which is nuts too.

You need to not have them available - they are inactive, done, dead for a reason -- but you need to still be able to modify active services that have them!

I think soft delete would be more like regular delete, to the user.

Inactive would basically just mean "unorderable" like it does now.

I like #2.

Don't like the setting idea. Changing the meaning of an entity property based on a setting, doesn't feel right.