Best Method Or Workaround For Domain Management

franksidebottom

I am seeking some general ideas or feedback here as I'm a bit stuck as to how to move forwards with my Blesta site development, which is intended mostly for Domain name registration.

I have a portfolio of Domains with a Logicbox provider and previously used a (heavily modified) 'competitors' billing system for Domain management, that is until security issues became more and more of an issue, and so I switched to Blesta and so far have not really yet looked back.  For the first time in a while, I feel like I am in control of my own billing system.  But here lies the problem.

Via my previous site, customers may manage their nameserver/DNS/forwarding/email settings/switch Privacy on/off themselves (although a multitude of paid mods were required to actually achieve this, which resulted in further issues), however as we all know in Blesta, other than updating WHOIS/basic nameserver settings there is not much else the customer can do personally without seeking support to facilitate their requests.

So my options are really:

1) Provide customers with say, an optional link to the Logicbox customer control panel to enable them to make any DNS/email changes etc (not particularly keen on sending clients 'off-site' so to speak)

2) Offer basic settings only provided by the registrar modules in Blesta, and have the customer contact us to make any advanced changes, for example by way of raising a support ticket to set up email forwarding etc (not particularly keen on having customers jump through hoops to make, what is largely, basic settings changes).

What would you do?

As I say, this isn't a criticism of Blesta, just looking for best workaround for Domain Management, for what is ultimately, on the whole, a superior billing system.

I am seeking some general ideas or feedback here as I'm a bit stuck as to how to move forwards with my Blesta site development, which is intended mostly for Domain name registration.

I have a portfolio of Domains with a Logicbox provider and previously used a (heavily modified) 'competitors' billing system for Domain management, that is until security issues became more and more of an issue, and so I switched to Blesta and so far have not really yet looked back.  For the first time in a while, I feel like I am in control of my own billing system.  But here lies the problem.

Via my previous site, customers may manage their nameserver/DNS/forwarding/email settings/switch Privacy on/off themselves (although a multitude of paid mods were required to actually achieve this, which resulted in further issues), however as we all know in Blesta, other than updating WHOIS/basic nameserver settings there is not much else the customer can do personally without seeking support to facilitate their requests.

So my options are really:

1) Provide customers with say, an optional link to the Logicbox customer control panel to enable them to make any DNS/email changes etc (not particularly keen on sending clients 'off-site' so to speak)

2) Offer basic settings only provided by the registrar modules in Blesta, and have the customer contact us to make any advanced changes, for example by way of raising a support ticket to set up email forwarding etc (not particularly keen on having customers jump through hoops to make, what is largely, basic settings changes).

What would you do?

As I say, this isn't a criticism of Blesta, just looking for best workaround for Domain Management, for what is ultimately, on the whole, a superior billing system.

in our case, we give th client the full access to thier account in the registrar to change what they need in when they want, .

the second option was a catastrophic decision . our support team spent all the time just to response and make change in the domains .

We also provide customers full domain registrat accounts and I don't like to double funcions at all even when it comes hosting,clients have cPanel/Plesk/SolusVM...etc accounts and I don't see why to import same funcions in to blesta???Maybe some basic and most used funcions is OK to have close like WHOIS,Nameservers control...etc  but this slowly became race and at the end we will have situation that all funcions of hosting panels will be imported in to billing and menagment scripts through modules......or in Domain menagment case full DNS template,whois protection,emails..... ;)