Auto Debit Cron Stopped Since Dst

evolvewh

Question

Not sure if this is a bug, a configuration issue on my part or what but I have noticed that cron is running and every task seems to work except for auto debit. I did wait one extra hour as well. It last worked on Saturday with no issues.

There is nothing in the error logs and the payment gateway works when I manually process the invoice. I'm using Stripe.

Anyone else seen this?

The database_version may not be the same as the version shown in the footer of the admin UI. The database_version of '3.6.0-b1' is the latest version. Don't change this value or you won't be able to upgrade.

The exchange_rates_auto_update setting from the `settings` table is not the value you would want to look at for your cron as the value from the `company_settings` table is used instead.

Be careful making modifications to the database if you're unsure how it will affect the system.

I'm not sure why the cron key would fail to update from the UI. Are you using the PHPIDS plugin by chance? If so, you might try disabling it and then trying to save the cron key to see if it works then.

I have left the database_version as 3.6.0-b1 and I put exchange_rates_auto_update back to 'false'.

I did have PHPIDS running so I've disabled it, updated my cron key (from the admin area) and I'll see what happens tomorrow when auto debit should run again.

I'll report back then. Thanks.

I did have PHPIDS running so I've disabled it, updated my cron key (from the admin area) and I'll see what happens tomorrow when auto debit should run again.

I'll report back then. Thanks.

If you've updated the cron key from the admin UI, you can double-check that it has been saved by checking the database as you did before.

PHPIDS usually redirects you to another page if it blocks a request. It might have been that updating the cron key is a request it blocked, which would explain why the cron key was not updating for you earlier.

The database_version may not be the same as the version shown in the footer of the admin UI. The database_version of '3.6.0-b1' is the latest version. Don't change this value or you won't be able to upgrade.

The exchange_rates_auto_update setting from the `settings` table is not the value you would want to look at for your cron as the value from the `company_settings` table is used instead.

Be careful making modifications to the database if you're unsure how it will affect the system.

I'm not sure why the cron key would fail to update from the UI. Are you using the PHPIDS plugin by chance? If so, you might try disabling it and then trying to save the cron key to see if it works then.

Tyson,

Thanks for the tips. I disabled PHPIDS and then updated the cron key. It did update to a hash within the database after. I had to wait until today to see if auto debit ran and unfortunately it didn't. I'm at a loss and I would really like to get this resolved. Should I wait for 4.0 or open a support ticket now?

I've also got 2 other tickets open that I'm waiting to hear back about.

Thanks,

DL