Renewals Of Services With Mult Currencies

Paul Battaglia

Question

I have services which renew on the first of the month.

Some are in USD and others in AUD.

The client currency is in AUD.

When I checked the invoice on the client dashboard, the invoice is in AUD. The packages in USD are not being converted into AUD at the time of payment.

Does anyone have a similar issue?

Ideally I would like the conversion to happen at the time of payment but also have the invoice indicate anything that is not in the clients currency on the invoice.

13 answers to this question

I'm not sure I fully understand the issue, a couple things to note:

1. Any conversion happens at the time the invoice is generated, not paid.
  2. Make sure your exchange rates are being updated and are correct, see Settings > Company > Currencies > Currency Setup (And Active Currencies)
  3. Invoices only contain services of the same currency (no mix of currencies on a single invoice)

I'm not sure I fully understand the issue, a couple things to note:

1. Any conversion happens at the time the invoice is generated, not paid.
  2. Make sure your exchange rates are being updated and are correct, see Settings > Company > Currencies > Currency Setup (And Active Currencies)
  3. Invoices only contain services of the same currency (no mix of currencies on a single invoice)

1. Why wouldn't the conversion happenon the day of the transaction?

2. That has been setup correctly.

3. I do have a renewal invoice that has a mix of services using different currencies. They all seem to be charged in AUD which is the default currency. They are scheduled to be renewed at the 1st of the month

1. Why wouldn't the conversion happenon the day of the transaction?

2. That has been setup correctly.

3. I do have a renewal invoice that has a mix of services using different currencies. They all seem to be charged in AUD which is the default currency. They are scheduled to be renewed at the 1st of the month

1. Because it's not designed that way. Currency conversion happens at the time of invoice.

2. Great

3. Is that your expected behavior? They are being converted. If they were unable to be configured, due to settings, then they would necessarily appear on separate invoices. (Because an invoice cannot have multiple currencies on it)

1. Because it's not designed that way. Currency conversion happens at the time of invoice.

2. Great

3. Is that your expected behavior? They are being converted. If they were unable to be configured, due to settings, then they would necessarily appear on separate invoices. (Because an invoice cannot have multiple currencies on it)

For point 3, the items appear on one invoice but the conversion is not happening. The USD items are being charged in AUD. Good for the client but not for me. What to do?

For point 3, the items appear on one invoice but the conversion is not happening. The USD items are being charged in AUD. Good for the client but not for me. What to do?

Settings > Company > Currencies > Active Currencies

What is the exchange rate for AUD and USD and what is your default currency? (The default exchange rate is 1.0000 which would make it appear that there is no conversion. If that's the case, you need to manually update in or enable automatic exchange rate updates)

Settings > Company > Currencies > Active Currencies

What is the exchange rate for AUD and USD and what is your default currency? (The default exchange rate is 1.0000 which would make it appear that there is no conversion. If that's the case, you need to manually update in or enable automatic exchange rate updates)

The rate is set to 1.0000 but I have enabled "automatic exchange rate updates". Any thoughts?

Thanks for your clear answer. You can drop the attitude.

If the Blest documentation was as comprehensive as WHMCS I would ask stupid questions.

It's common sense... if WHMCS was securer they'd have less exploits to fix...

I live in the UK, and the saying we go by here is: "Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer" http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ask-a-stupid-question-and-you-ll-get-a-stupid-answer :) I go by that with a nice British tone.