Option To Not Allow Tickets To Be Re Opened

evolvewh

I'd like to start a thread about not being able to re open tickets (as an option chosen on the admin side).

There are too many times where a client replies to an older email with a different subject and often to the wrong department. They should realistically start a new email / ticket, but they don't. I do realize there is a 'split' feature but it's about efficiency and not having to do that all of the time.

I think there could be a setting on the admin side (perhaps by department for flexibility) to allow or not allow a client to reply and re open a ticket. This could possibly be done with a time frame as suggested in other threads (allow them to re open the ticket within x amount of hours that it was closed).

If the setting is active, it would send an email to the person saying they must open a new ticket to the proper department.

Our company has different hours for different departments and if they send a ticket about hosting support to a department that is closed (We only answer website development questions until 6pm), they expect a reply. We don't check after hours department emails until the next day. I try to set the boundaries because I don't want to be living on the computer all night long!

I know it gets specific but I think it also makes Blesta more flexible to allow the different users to customize the behavior to meet their business needs.