Core Not Running!

Saiaf

Question

First let me be honest with you i do not know what core means neither what it does?

However, when i logged in to my panel today, it was saying in yellow: 

Core has not been working for the last 24 hours. There are issues that might negativly affect on the performance and must be addressed soon.

Your updates will be good untill Jan 16 2016? >?

4 answers to this question

It is "Cron" and it means you haven't set-up the cron job Settings > System > Automation > you need that command, and depending if you use Linux on it's own, or use a control panel the way you do it varies.

cPanel you use /usr/local/bin/php

InterWorx you keep it the same.

And some others have other changes.

It is "Cron" and it means you haven't set-up the cron job Settings > System > Automation > you need that command, and depending if you use Linux on it's own, or use a control panel the way you do it varies.

cPanel you use /usr/local/bin/php

InterWorx you keep it the same.

And some others have other changes.

I have followed Settings > System > Automation >  and then? I found some are enabled and others are disabled but did not find anything called core?

The message you saw about the cron not running in the last 24 hours refers to the fact that no automation has taken place recently. That means any invoices that should be generated, services that should renew, etc., are not occurring automatically because the cron has not been running.

When you installed Blesta, you should have also created a cron job on your web server and set the cron command to the command shown in Blesta (also shown in Licensecart's screenshot). The server will then run the command at an interval you set (we recommend every 5 minutes), which in turn will run all of the automation tasks under [settings] -> [Company] -> [Automation].