Support Manager Last Reply

cloudrck

I've had this problem since 3.0.0b2. No matter how a ticket is created, or how many times it is updated, the 'Last Reply' shown on the main ticket always shows the initial ticket creator as the last reply.

Example, this ticket was updated today around time of this post by staff, though it shows it was last replied to by the customer at the time it was opened.

AJDKgjR.png

Debian Wheezy

PHP5.4

Nginx 1.4.1

MariaDB 5.5

Does your support plugin need to be updated? Check Settings > Company > Plugins > Support Manager and see if there is an "Upgrade" button there. If so click it.

I don't recall this ever being a bug, so that may not accomplish anything, and I'm unable to duplicate this.

Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, I reported this before but was told no one could duplicate it, so I waited until b6 hoping it would go away. I have updated the support plugin and all other modules/plugins.

I will test mine asap and let you know if I can find something out. It will be later tonight.

What I would do is uninstall the support plugin, and reinstall it and see if it still behaves the same way. It's possible it's a side effect of some change along the way that wasn't properly addressed in an upgrade.

Also, I'm not sure how many people are using MariaDB. While it's suppose to be a better performing clone of MySQL, there may be a compatibility issue with the particular query that is used to fetch this information. If it's possible to try it with MySQL, or get feedback from someone else who happens to be using MariaDB I think we could advance this closer to determining the cause.

I'm assuming this will delete all tickets?

It's suppose to, but I'm not sure it does.. at one point it definitely didn't but I think that was fixed.

Better yet, do a fresh install.. re-issue for it, and then re-issue again when you're done and back to your primary install.

I'd rather not have to do a fresh install and re-create client accounts/services. Hopefully re-installing the plugin will work. If not I'd rather look around the database before I consider a complete re-install.

I'll post my findings soon.

I'd rather not have to do a fresh install and re-create client accounts/services. Hopefully re-installing the plugin will work. If not I'd rather look around the database before I consider a complete re-install.

I'll post my findings soon.

I think what he was suggesting, is do a secondary install, reissue your license for that second install, test to see if it happens, and then reissue back to your primary install.

It may be MariaDB, do you happen to have a MySQL server available? dump the database and import it and update the config/blesta.php database details? That would be the most sure way to determine if it's contributing to the issue

And if it is, I wonder if there is something we can do to fix it in MariaDB as well.

Updates are not made to set whom the last reply was from, but rather the last reply is calculated on the fly.

I'm curious though, if you compare the results from MySQL and MariaDB for that page, is everything identical except for the last reply?

Updates are not made to set whom the last reply was from, but rather the last reply is calculated on the fly.

I'm curious though, if you compare the results from MySQL and MariaDB for that page, is everything identical except for the last reply?

Yes, everything is identical except the 'last reply', the last reply when using MariaDB always displays the user/time of who/when it was created. No matter how many updates.

While using MySQL it works as expected, displaying the actual last time/user

I'm not yet convinced all of the ticket data is correct except for the last reply user. I would expect some other fields to be incorrect.

Can you update /plugins/support_manager/views/default/admin_tickets.pdt and add to the top of the file:

<?php print_r($tickets);?>

Then visit the Support Tickets page in the admin area and view the page source to compare each field with what you know to be correct. Feel free to paste the results here. If you're using the same data in MariaDB and MySQL, lets see the results from both to compare the differences.

MariaDB, wrong time/person on last reply, I replied 1-2mins ago

Array
(
    [0] => stdClass Object
        (
            [id] => 39
            => 3847526
            [department_id] => 1
            [staff_id] => 1
            [service_id] => 
            [client_id] => 5
            [email] => 
            [summary] => IP order /29
            [priority] => low
            [status] => open
            [date_added] => 2013-07-23 18:20:01
            [date_closed] => 
            [last_reply_date] => 2013-07-23 18:20:01
            [department_name] => Sales
            [company_id] => 1
            [last_reply_by] => client
            [last_reply_first_name] => Bob
            [last_reply_last_name] => Harmen
            [last_reply_email] => 
            [last_reply_time] => 4 d 6 hr 4 min
        }           

MySQL correct

(
    [0] => stdClass Object
        (
            [id] => 1 => 2602798
            [department_id] => 1
            [staff_id] => 1
            [service_id] => 
            [client_id] => 1
            [email] => 
            [summary] => ryrry
            [priority] => emergency
            [status] => open
            [date_added] => 2013-07-25 02:32:01
            [date_closed] => 
            [last_reply_date] => 2013-07-28 00:30:51
            [department_name] => tes
            [company_id] => 1
            [last_reply_by] => staff
            [last_reply_first_name] => Daejuan
            [last_reply_last_name] => Jacobs
            [last_reply_email] => 
            [last_reply_time] =>   0 min
        )

)

• 3 weeks later...

Were you able to resolve this issue? If not, have you tried a different version of MariaDB? Seeing as how it is working correctly in MySQL, it may be a bug with your version of MariaDB, possibly related to the subquery that fetches the last_reply information not ordering the replies correctly.

Were you able to resolve this issue? If not, have you tried a different version of MariaDB? Seeing as how it is working correctly in MySQL, it may be a bug with your version of MariaDB, possibly related to the subquery that fetches the last_reply information not ordering the replies correctly.

No as I'm unfamilar with how Blesta handles SQL. I'm using the latest stable version of MariaDB.

Are you saying Blesta isn't retrieving the last_reply information, or is it not updating it?

No as I'm unfamilar with how Blesta handles SQL. I'm using the latest stable version of MariaDB.

Are you saying Blesta isn't retrieving the last_reply information, or is it not updating it?

He's saying your MariaDB functions differently (i.e. incorrectly) than MySQL with regard to the query that fetches the last reply.

I thought MariaDB was suppose to function identically to MySQL?  :blink:

Actually, I suspect they will slowly begin to head down different paths. Currently MariaDB is not officially supported, though I think it's a project that has tremendous potential and may be where things are headed. I'd like to get this issue resolved, but it's going to take some debugging and we don't have a MariaDB server up and running (yet).

Right now, I'd probably suggest running MySQL instead if it's a critical issue, and we'll take a deeper look at this when the dust settles.

I thought MariaDB was suppose to function identically to MySQL? :blink:

Actually, I suspect they will slowly begin to head down different paths. Currently MariaDB is not officially supported, though I think it's a project that has tremendous potential and may be where things are headed. I'd like to get this issue resolved, but it's going to take some debugging and we don't have a MariaDB server up and running (yet).

Right now, I'd probably suggest running MySQL instead if it's a critical issue, and we'll take a deeper look at this when the dust settles.

I don't have MariaDB on my client server, but I do have a reseller account with it. I can let you have an account if it will help.

Let me know if you want me to set it up for you.

I thought MariaDB was suppose to function identically to MySQL?  :blink:

Exactly, it's supposed to be a "drop in replacement". But reading the documentation, there seems to be a gray line.

https://kb.askmonty.org/en/mariadb-versus-mysql-compatibility/

For all practical purposes, MariaDB is a binary drop in replacement of the same MySQL version

We do monthly merges with the MySQL code base to ensure we keep up our compatibility and get any and all features and bug fixes Oracle adds.

I can't find anything to mention specific compatibility issues. This seems like a bug with MariaDB. If someone can point me to the lines of code, and how Blesta handles this specific functionality (transactions?), I'd file a bug report with MariaDB.