Client Cannot Cancel Unpaid Pending Order

Galinvelle

Question

Problem:

Client begins order process, they go through the checkout steps but does not finalize payment, so payment is not made. Client comes back to their blesta client account and the incomplete order shows up as an open/pending order.  When client tries to cancel this pending order through ‘Manage>Cancel Options>Immediately>Save’ they receive an warning notice saying ‘System user [username] does not exist!

So the client is unable to cancel an order which has not been paid for.

How can this be fixed? Is there a setting I need to change?

7 answers to this question

Problem:

Client begins order process, they go through the checkout steps but does not finalize payment, so payment is not made. Client comes back to their blesta client account and the incomplete order shows up as an open/pending order.  When client tries to cancel this pending order through ‘Manage>Cancel Options>Immediately>Save’ they receive an warning notice saying ‘System user [username] does not exist!

So the client is unable to cancel an order which has not been paid for.

How can this be fixed? Is there a setting I need to change?

Did you select "Allow Clients to Cancel Services" option in  Client groups.To be honest I tested "cancel" pending service option while logged in as client just few times and I sow error "permission denied" but never that one...did you try that by yourself  logged in as user

Did you select "Allow Clients to Cancel Services" option in  Client groups.To be honest I tested "cancel" pending service option while logged in as client just few times and I sow error "permission denied" but never that one...did you try that by yourself  logged in as user

Yes -  "Allow Clients to Cancel Services" option is checked. I am logged in as the client. I've done a few tests and basically, if an order has been paid for & provisioned then the client is able to cancel the service. But if it is an order that has not been paid for/not provisioned then there is no way for the client to cancel it.

I was trying to duplicate this, and when I order a new service and don't pay for it as a client, all it does is generate an invoice...it doesn't even create a service to cancel yet.

Are they trying to cancel the invoice, or is yours actually generating a pending service that they can see client side?

(I can see the pending service in admin, but not on the client side)

I was trying to duplicate this, and when I order a new service and don't pay for it as a client, all it does is generate an invoice...it doesn't even create a service to cancel yet.

Are they trying to cancel the invoice, or is yours actually generating a pending service that they can see client side?

(I can see the pending service in admin, but not on the client side)

That's manual activation.

That's manual activation.

Yup, I thought that was the issue and I checked before I posted...just double checked and I looked at the wrong darn order form, lol :).

Fixed that and am getting an error as well (not the same one), so I guess we can at least confirm it as a bug :)

An internal error occurred, or the server did not respond to the request.

Yes -  "Allow Clients to Cancel Services" option is checked. I am logged in as the client. I've done a few tests and basically, if an order has been paid for & provisioned then the client is able to cancel the service. But if it is an order that has not been paid for/not provisioned then there is no way for the client to cancel it.

Try to void invoice first...or maybe you can't do it while logged in as admin and user in same time..like I say I didn't  try this maybe 3-4 time in total.. so I'm just thinking what could be and giving you idea...I will try to duplicate and see what happens when there is no open invoice or when log in directly as client..

EDIT

Well voiding invoice will activate service  so user can cancel it ...so you can't try this solution 'cause service is not pending any more,and I tried to cancel logged in directly as user but I got same thing"permission denied"..so I suppose client can't cancel pending service but should wait some one from  blesta staff to confirm.This make sense since there is unpaid invoice assigned to pending service.